Drives
S3 Revo
Anyone seen this:

1710236418533.png

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo

Looks reasonable - wouldn't mine going to see it if one is made up and check rigidity and door/drawer movement

There is 5 in store in Belfast

variant

RMS Regular
Drives
T5, Up Gti
None on display, I wanted a look at the drawer units for storing parts but no plans for it to be on display in the Belfast store

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I don't run a workshop so I would assume it would be ok for a home garage - currently i have an old kitchen work top set on top of a washer and drier with the cheapest wall mounted cupboards i could get and its full of shiiiit - still standing

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
I’ve a few toolboxes for sale if anyone is looking one

jonspeed04

RMS Regular
Drives
Carlos Brennan
Anyone on here supply Tuff Tile ? Are they easy cut ✂️ for occasions when you don't need a full Tile ? Around door
Openings etc

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Anyone on here supply Tuff Tile ? Are they easy cut ✂️ for occasions when you don't need a full Tile ? Around door
Openings etc

I’ll try get contact details of who I used. They worked out cheaper than the Tuff Tile suppliers and they’re exactly the same.

Alibaba etc you can get a full garage (single) posted for around £200 but you’ll wait a good few weeks for them.

Garage is full of crap again but I went for orange, silver and black so I don’t have many great photos. I used a jigsaw to cut mine and had zero issues.

IMG_3213.jpeg

IMG_3212.png

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Not seen these in real life, just the photos, but they look like a nuisance if you drop a small screw, nut, etc?

I’ve dropped a few 3.5mm screws down but the head of them gets caught. I keep a magnet handy to pull the very small stuff even washers I’ve dropped back up. But overall I haven’t had any issues so far, early days though 😂

shortier1919

RMS Regular
After about a year of building control being ehmm lovely people... finally got my garage nearly finished 10.1x7.1m (still need to do outside).

Put Sika on the floor with a grey pigment and a few UFO lights but any recommendations for insulation on the walls and roof looking to ply line it and also LED battons for buffing etc?

Got some pallet racking from work we were no longer using plan to make one into a bench and another just for storage

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 10.27.20.png
Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 10.27.12.png

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 20.30.06.png

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
After about a year of building control being ehmm lovely people... finally got my garage nearly finished 10.1x7.1m (still need to do outside).

Put Sika on the floor with a grey pigment and a few UFO lights but any recommendations for insulation on the walls and roof looking to ply line it and also LED battons for buffing etc?

Got some pallet racking from work we were no longer using plan to make one into a bench and another just for storage

View attachment 428585View attachment 428586
View attachment 428587

What's with the extra roof bracing? Was that a BC requirement?

Great space btw!

shortier1919

RMS Regular
What's with the extra roof bracing? Was that a BC requirement?

Great space btw!
Yeah was required to weld it in for "Snow Load" also all the main uprights I had to change from 50 box to 100x50x3mm box... welded to 100x200x12mm base plates with a minimum of three thunder bolts in each. Complete overkill in my opinion but then again im not a structural engineer.

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
I’ve dropped a few 3.5mm screws down but the head of them gets caught. I keep a magnet handy to pull the very small stuff even washers I’ve dropped back up. But overall I haven’t had any issues so far, early days though 😂
Are they not a complete pain with spills etc?

Cro

RMS Regular
I imagine they’d be sore on the knees or a pain rolling about on my chair or creeper.

Can’t deny they look great if it was just a storage area

AC

RMS Regular
I imagine they’d be sore on the knees or a pain rolling about on my chair or creeper.

Can’t deny they look great if it was just a storage area
Snap!

I've used commercial carpet tiles up to now and they've been great. Easy on the knees, easy to work under a car when on your back and cheap to replace. Only downside is spills and they can get a bit grubby over time but running a carpet cleaner over them once a year does the job for the most part. Gearbox oil and brake fluid is the worst!

jonspeed04

RMS Regular
Drives
Carlos Brennan
I’ll try get contact details of who I used. They worked out cheaper than the Tuff Tile suppliers and they’re exactly the same.

Alibaba etc you can get a full garage (single) posted for around £200 but you’ll wait a good few weeks for them.

Garage is full of crap again but I went for orange, silver and black so I don’t have many great photos. I used a jigsaw to cut mine and had zero issues.

View attachment 428499

View attachment 428500
If you could mate be appreciated did you buy the ramp edges from them aswell

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Snap!

I've used commercial carpet tiles up to now and they've been great. Easy on the knees, easy to work under a car when on your back and cheap to replace. Only downside is spills and they can get a bit grubby over time but running a carpet cleaner over them once a year does the job for the most part. Gearbox oil and brake fluid is the worst!
This is what I did too,
Think don’t use it as a working garage . Only really to store the cars etc…
But easily hoovered or blowed over..

IMG_8214.jpeg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Anyone able to identify the smaller cabinets in this image from IKEA? Their garage storage is called BROR but nothing telling me what they are on the site

They do a BROR cabinet but its green

Attachments

• 1711381345271.png
    1711381345271.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 1711381370817.png
    1711381370817.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0