BMW F80 M3 Competition Pack Silverstone II

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
What colour?

Aiming for a matte silver something along the lines of what M4 heritage cars had but a lighter shade as they were still quite dark.

Thats the effect I want there but just much lighter

IMG_4854.jpeg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Yeah was just about to say that recutting polished wheels, if planning to keep long term isn't ideal - had mine done maybe less than a year ago and can see some evidence of worm :worried:

On the look out properly for Revo RV019's now for replacement for when the time comes but that shade of grey is nice!

I have another set of OEM 19's in decent knick so push comes to shove, I can swap them about

Last edited:

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Yeah was just about to say that recutting polished wheels, if planning to keep long term isn't ideal - had mine done maybe less than a year ago and can see some evidence of worm :worried:

On the look out properly for Revo RV019's now for replacement for when the time comes but that shade of grey is nice!

Exactly! If I get them redone id say ill get 18 months at best out of them and it will start to creep in again.

Another reason is I am not the first owner of the car so I don't know how many cuts they had before I took ownership of it.

I really like the shade of grey of the wheels above but think with the colour of my car it won't fit so will need something a fair bit lighter.

pablo

RMS Moderator
You can tell by how flat the spokes are iirc. No matter tho if you wanted to cut them later just be a case of taking the powder coat off so not like you’re stuck with them

slapshot_99

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Focus

I have another set of OEM 19's in decent knick so push comes to shove, I can swap them about
The 20's are on sale at the moment on Revo site. One voice tells me to buy them the other says totally OTT 🤣🤦

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Wheels refurbished.

Massive thanks to @Tufty for putting me in touch with his brother at Autoworx in Lurgan.

They done a two tone finish to mimic the diamond cut finished.

Very pleased with it.

Need to go to Bavarian during the week to get a set of centre caps then a thorough clean and that’l be it back on the road after winter storage

IMG_5513.jpeg
IMG_5510.jpeg
08125eef-8f8b-49bf-abb9-6b77b06168ea.jpeg
2f8d276e-53a4-4eab-8eb0-6fc034b73c42.jpeg

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
Wheels refurbished.

Massive thanks to @Tufty for putting me in touch with his brother at Autoworx in Lurgan.

Very pleased with it.

Need to go to Bavarian during the week to get a set of centre caps then a thorough clean and that’l be it back on the road after winter storage

View attachment 427758View attachment 427759View attachment 427760View attachment 427761
That looks great. Mine still aren't done but that's a nice finish on them!

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Wheels refurbished.

Very pleased with it.

View attachment 427758View attachment 427759View attachment 427760View attachment 427761
What a finish! At first glance you'd think they were diamond cut - not seen that effect before and curious as to what colours were used?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Those are fantastic! I wonder how they did it?! Would definitely be keen to get my 704’s done the same.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Brilliant job for sure, the lighter finish on the inside bits really suits the car. Mine has the OEM black bits on the inside of the spokes and I often wondered what it would be like done lighter like that.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
So car out of the shed and ready to go back on the road.

Caliper on the front right is stuck on to the point the wheel wont move when the car is jacked up.

Great. Will need to get it pulled from the car and check the pistons and seals.

GrantR

RMS Regular
So car out of the shed and ready to go back on the road.

Caliper on the front right is stuck on to the point the wheel wont move when the car is jacked up.

Great. Will need to get it pulled from the car and check the pistons and seals.

Are you running OEM pads? Maybe pads just stuck to the disc after sitting for a while and a little moisture between them?