BMW F80 M3 Competition Pack Silverstone II

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
I assume it’s an annual charge?

I had a look there and thought a hardware upgrade was required, but maybe only on pre 15/16 cars.

£265 assuming you have the correct hardware. I’m not 100% but I think if you have the Wi-Fi hotspot functionality then you should have the correct hardware,

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
The car I'm looking at has Connected Drive and "internet".

There’s a link on how to check if it has the hotspot. On the M3/4 the hotspot became standard equipment in 2016 (I think) but I’m not sure if it was the same for other models.

If you have the vin you could fire it into a vin checker to get the factory spec

pablo

RMS Moderator
I have the droiduk replacement screen which has a built in android system for full wireless CarPlay.

It’s fine, but a bit temperamental sometimes where it refuses to connect. 1 in 20 times maybe.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
If it’s going to be a headache I don’t think I’ll bother. Was hoping for a bit of coding!

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Sorry @Lyons was away yesterday so only seeing this now.

Yeah CarPlay is all sorted in the car but as stated above because mine is a 2017 it came with iDrive 5 and the newer NBT Evo headunit with a wifi antenna installed.

As @pablo has said if you have a car with iDrive 4 you can upgrade to 5 or 6 and get a wifi antenna installed. Only drawback will be the older NBT Evo headunits had less ram so there are reports of the headunit crashing if you have the sat nav running.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
For anybody who asked why haven’t I put the performance kit on.

This is why 🤣

93F5A9AF-8082-4ABF-A92C-0E8DAEF41AF4.jpeg
97CC11C9-B173-463A-927F-33387EE5DEDC.jpeg

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Wise decision.

Outside is still like a building site, planning on getting the driveway tarmacced in the comings months so will reassess once the ground works are done but until then it's staying in the garage in its box lol

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I've been a bit paranoid about mine since I got M4, I find I'm continually reversing into spaces now or leaving the car well back from the kerb.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Nothing to update really booked it for it’s annual service with Bavarian next month.

Still loving the car and no intention of selling up.

Severe lack of carbon kit still as driveway still isn’t sorted joys of building a house it’s never done…

Got an EV last month and as great of a daily as it is.

I can’t help but smile when driving the EV to the door to be greeted by this

IMG_6558.jpeg

Last edited:

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Not much to update really just been enjoying it.

Failed MOT on a broken spring doh!

No biggie new set of springs from BMW and sailed through the test.

Got it moved into the shed over the winter

IMG_4285.jpeg

Had a few tidy up jobs to do before the spring.

Mainly the wheels as they are suffering from usual diamond cut white worm.

The BMW badge on the boot was beginning to corrode so a new one from Cotswold BMW sorted that problem

IMG_4706.jpeg

IMG_4708.jpeg

IMG_4709.jpeg

Next thing was to get the wheels pulled off in the shed but managed to round one of the studs so that was a bit of a ballache but nothing that couldn’t be sorted by a mate and a DeWalt impact gun :laughing:

IMG_4744.jpeg

IMG_4715.jpeg

The brake calipers suffer the common issue of M3/4’s that the M logo fades over time so got some heat resistant stickers sorted. I was only meant to order 4 stickers but realised I ordered 4 sets.

IMG_4835.jpeg

Before

IMG_4837.jpeg

After

IMG_4838.jpeg

Next job is to get the wheels to Powdertek next week.

Have a new set of centre caps and M badges to go on the wheels then we are good to get back on the road.

Attachments

• IMG_4842.jpeg
    IMG_4842.jpeg
    237.4 KB · Views: 0