£15 trackday camera!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

boost6

RMS Regular
Drives
Did i hear boost
Mine has just arrived this morning, I can believe how small it is...

Has anyone come up with anything better to improve the quality etc other than the class 6 Micro SD, or is it still the best card to get for it.

Si...

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
I brought 2 of these to the ring (mine and bobs). mine seemed to stick and crash non stop in the weeks previous to the trip, then all of a sudden started working.

I mounted the camera in between the seats, just below the wind deflector.

The picture is superb, the only problem I found was that with the roof down, at higher speeds the vibration and wind noise made the picture distort at times and the audio would go up and down to compensate for the increased wind noise.

we used it for the initial journey down parts of the A712 in scotland, then a lap of the ring. The batteries lasted a good bit, bar the fact i kept forgetting to turn it off, but the recharging was a bit more of a problem since we had 3 plug sockets to 6 men all with phones cameras and laptops. And unless it got wall charged it kept thinking it was a webcam

for a tenner i cant see there being a better camera

i still have no idea what the mode button does

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
dude

any issues with the marshalls spotting this when at the ring?
i believe cameras etc are banned from the circuit, do they check your car for such items?

i believe the 'mode' button is there for show or else will remain one of life's little mysteries!

I have no clue either what it does ;)

I brought 2 of these to the ring (mine and bobs). mine seemed to stick and crash non stop in the weeks previous to the trip, then all of a sudden started working.

I mounted the camera in between the seats, just below the wind deflector.

i still have no idea what the mode button does

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Press mode button once to set up 'noise activated recording'. Recording starts once triggered by 60+dB. It keeps going for 2 minutes, then reactivates without stopping if the noise is still >60dB. That was my understanding of it anyway.

supercc

RMS Regular
Bit the bullet on one of these so am going to run it at the next EDC event to see what footage I get - sleepycat yours is superb!

Had it blue-tacked to the front of my wife's helmet at sunday's UDC round. She really enjoyed her first spin in Barry McCann's chaser. But would be better attached to something that doesn't keep moving!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np--MflQiUU&hd=1"]YouTube - G-Drift.wmv[/ame]

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
dude

any issues with the marshalls spotting this when at the ring?
i believe cameras etc are banned from the circuit, do they check your car for such items?

i believe the 'mode' button is there for show or else will remain one of life's little mysteries!

I have no clue either what it does ;)

no problems at all, we had the mount near the wind diffuser, it was the "T" shape mount, the the camera in the centre console already recording, we rocked thru the gate, and at the end of the cones whapped it into the holder.

the only time they told me to put something away was when I was texting as I approached the gate (i was passenger not driver).

tbh the gate moves so quickly unless your waving a BBC sized camera over your shoulder some careful concealing will be sweet

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
cheers mate

good to know

regards

no problems at all, we had the mount near the wind diffuser, it was the "T" shape mount, the the camera in the centre console already recording, we rocked thru the gate, and at the end of the cones whapped it into the holder.

the only time they told me to put something away was when I was texting as I approached the gate (i was passenger not driver).

tbh the gate moves so quickly unless your waving a BBC sized camera over your shoulder some careful concealing will be sweet

Bryan

RMS Regular
Can these wee cheapy cameras be setup (or botched) to record as soon as the ignition is switched on?

Deleted member 13907

D
Would these fit on the handlebars of my mountainbike? That bullet-cam looks like it might.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.