£30k Capri

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
But you can.

The problem is the vast majority see their reach as being what they can financially afford based on their current level of income or projected future income.

Outside of work, your time on your own projects is essentially free, you can afford to do this due to the 9-5, so buy a cheap, rougher example and chuck it in the garage and spend your time learning how to restore it to its former glory correctly. Not just lash some patches in, hit it with some matt black and waxoyl and get the wheels refurbed. Actually doing the thing right from front to back. The sense of achievement is something you could never buy and will make ownership much more enjoyable than simply dandering into 4 Star Classics with a wad of hard earned cash.
Good point well put there. In my case the cars I've enjoyed most have been the mint low owner low mileage examples. I've had cars with lots of owners and higher miles and found that there's always bits to get done and they never end up the way I want them. Time and patience is in short supply these days also.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Christ the night.

Bg9TWN1CIAA7UCh.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.