07 seat altea 1.9tdi no heat inside the car

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza
Hi as title ive an 07 seat altea 1.9tdi with climate control so doesnt have the usual resistor. Ive put a coolant system flush through it and the garden hose in everywhere possible to flush the system and everything is clear. Achanged thermostat and coolant all hoses heating up and water pump is working fine. Would anyone have any ideas as to what i could check next. We had the car about 3 4 years now and the heater just decided one day to stop blowing hot air. Oh and the two pipes to the matrix are both hot.

KevM

RMS Regular
From memory, these are partial to a heater matrix or two in their lifetime

Good luck ☹️

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
OP
Gavlfc96
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza
I put a hose in each pipe not at same time of the matrix at firewall side and ran water through and both where clear

colin84

RMS Regular
Could it be related to the climate control unit itself? I had 06 Leon with climate control, it was all messed up. When you started the car you could hear motorised flaps adjusting for a while, to get heat it needed to be set to max. Eventually the car started steaming up badly, I done some investigating and found that the air recirculation flap was closing as soon as the car was started. I never did find out what it was, ended up scrapping it.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Temperature flap motor or gearing issues? Being honest with you I would do an awful lot of matrixes in work on the Mk7 Golfs and a flush with a hose means very little even if it is coming out the other inlet/outlet pipe at the bulkhead. A waterpump will never force water through even a partial blockage the way the mains from a hose does so that’s a bit of a red herring to say the matrix is fine. Doesn’t have to be fully blocked to cause a no heat issue. Same thing re both pipes being hot. Means nothing when there is a block/partial block. I would check that the temp flap in the air box is moving freely then head into a matrix replacement. I have seen newer VW CRs where a coolant hose has been put on the wrong place on an EGR cooler causing coolant stall in the system resulting in no heat ever reaching the matrix but there is no opportunity for that on a PD (if memory serves).

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
OP
Gavlfc96
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza
It did work but just stipped or gradually stop working if i remember rightly
Is it handy for a matrix change or a bollocks

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
OP
Gavlfc96