08 MkV Golf GTI DSG - Candy White

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

s3_trev

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 8P
I can tell you now mate that I have a job for you here if you are interested in fixing the mechatronic unit on a VW caddy van! Belongs to my dad! Its doing the exact same things as yours was doing before you fixed it!

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Good work and a lovely looking car. Still looks fresh on the roads today.

My old DSG MK5 GTI had the same symptoms you'd listed. Early car, so I just learned to live with it it, but good to see your fix.

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
What are the golfs like for reliability? Looking at possibly getting one, think it would be a nice 'all rounder'.
From what I see best to stay away from the DSG ones lol.

AC

RMS Regular
OP
AC
I've been busy this month doing bits and pieces to the car. It's now:

Lowered 30mm on H&R's
Oversized Ramair intake fitted
Revo stage 1 on engine and DSG

What a difference the stage 1 is, totally transforms the car. I'll not be long getting through a front set of tyres! Big thanks to @Graham and @carmadchris for the map at TG Performance. I'm not 100% sold on the intake just yet, it's quite loud! Sounds like it would suck up a few children at the side of the road when sending her on.

Next step is to change the intake/exhaust cam chain and tensioner as it likes to rattle when the car is hot. Common fault on these engines and easy enough to do so ordering the parts this weekend to do it next weekend.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Looks soo fresh in white, you'll notice a temporary dip in fuel consumption for a while as your right foot will be a lot heavier (y)

Graham and Chris are top lads, good choice on the REVO.

Topmark

RMS Regular
Looks super, these need so little to just set them off nicely.

Have you noticed much difference in the DSG gearbox following the map?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.