1.8T (bam) engine

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

brendy

RMS Regular
good luck mate, hens teeth. your best bet is traynors ask for the audi tt 225 engine. Failing that, the tuners in england like jbs etc might have one but then again its going to cost. If its a 20vt engine youre after, get any of them (auq 180 etc) and source the turbo/oil lines seperately.

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
traynors have no 225s , was up maybe 3 weeks ago and was looking a part for marc, most of their 180s were longitudinal also , the tuning yards in england will definatley have some as brendan says - try to get clocks, ecu and keys also , makes life plug n play then

Marc

RMS Moderator
£1700 for the lot

also look for the APY and APX engine, its the same except for the map.. its 210BHP to start with and uses the same K04 turbo

velocity_corrado

OP
V
Drives
Volkswagen Corra
I saw that engine on ebay but it comes with the gearbox and its 4WD so that's why I didn't bid.
Will keep looking - Will check autotrader too as they have damaged cars for sale in there dont they.

Marc

RMS Moderator
2002 onward TT's and S3's AFAIK

possibly wrong, but from reading a few different forums thats the impression I get

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
why not try to find a 210 AMK engine , the only difference is the rod is thinner , 18mm compared to the BAMs 19mm, might widen your options a little , turbo etc is the same and the stock management will remap to the same level circa 265-275 bhp

happy hunting
stephen

n/acivic

RMS Regular
Drives
honda civic
there is a place in rasharkin think it's quigg bros they always have loads of engines and know they had a tt in a few months ago don't know what model tho

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.