106 Rallye

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Any owners on here?

I'd love one for a bit a bit of back road blasting :grinning:

Peugeot-S1-106-Rallye-carwitter.jpg

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Was for buying one as my 1st car only couldn't insure it. Would love one but like hens teeth now.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
My da had one in the late 90s, S1 in Red, OZ alloys reg EAZ6554. He has had many faster cars since yet maintains it was the most fun. Ran for years no issues, life ragged out of it and it loved it. Ended up scrapping it in 2004 as it had no value and couldn't sell it. Wish I'd kept it now :sob:

robert106

RMS Regular
Drives
172 clio
Do it. They are fun and simple little cars, ive owned mine for 12 or 13 years. Its been daily driven, used on navigation rallys and been on track at nutts corner.
No power steering, or abs, no central locking no electric windows, lol not what youd call a luxury car but so much fun I never sold it.

RoniN

RMS Regular
Wish I never sold mine (Simons old mk1), great little motors and probably had more fun at Kirkistown in it than anything else.
Saying that back in a 1.7 Puma for abit of fun now cos they can be got so cheap.

Cheers

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
I properly adore them. The 1.3 8v is a little gutless but that's half the fun, getting a standard one is getting nearly impossible and good ones (Sub 100k) are reaching 2.5-3k in places.

Check out http://106owners.co.uk/forums/forum.php and http://www.106rallyeforum.com/forum2008/forum.php they're a little quiet recently but good cars pop up every now and then.

If you're not wanting to keep it original, you're better off looking for one with a J4/JP4 conversion done. They're a lot of fun with ~140bhp. This one's in Belfast, I've looked at it daily for months - http://www.106rallyeforum.com/forum2008/showthread.php?t=91604 , would be worth a phone call!

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I too would love one. Just drive everywhere cocking a wheel in the air!!

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I really want a s1 just to have beside my 205 rallye (euro proper job one). Wouldn't bother me about originality but at the same time I'd like one with a 1.3 8v with the intention of adding a 1.6 16v down the line.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Excellent. Have you seen the stuff that Satchel Engineering are putting out for 205's? Their Satchshift is amazing.

areofall

RMS Regular
I beg to differ having drove a few of each. There's just something about chasing cars with much bigger engines down backroads and they just can't get an inch on you.

• Must admit had a 205xs a few years ago and I really liked it, was a big AX gt fan too and I think the 205 was a great car

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Don't get me wrong, A Miami Blue 205 GTI is on my 'Must own' list. I just find the Series 1 rallyé's to be a better driving experience.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I got to agree with zafturbo, the 205 is the daddy, the only hot hatch I would want to own! In saying that ive been in one stupidly fast saxo VTS and it was quite the car.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
@Simon998 wow, I could be tempted with a satchshift. At a guess I would nearly be as well going with a s1 rallye one as my engine and gearbox is closer to it than a 205 gti? Also that 205 front suspension kit just looks epic, down the line possibly....

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Or if your feeling greedy and want to choose between standard or fun ie mi16 !
A rallye will do some chasing before it catches a well sorted mi.
image.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.