12" recommendations

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

daves106

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo ST220
Simon998 said:
daves106 said:
Boydie said:
Simon998 said:
soundz_good said:
Boydie said:
id recommend the RE SE
agreed x5

What he said...

Or the R.E. XXX... *Dribble*

the XXX needs a lot of power and a massive box remember

sealed up a xxx doesnt need a big box eg recomended box according to the re site for a 12xxx is 0.8 cu ft but they do eat a lot of watts

Ummm... daves install... Ummm... *Dribble*

Ive such a soft spot for R.E. XXX's, Daves Excursion's with one were superb!

crappy looking install now wait till you see the next one will be sexual lol

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
i have 2 12" JBLs and they give good bass for not alot of money, have them runnin off of a 1200W Toxic amp.
The newest Rockford Fosgate Power Subs have been gettin good rite ups in Max Power, Revs etc.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
think i'm gonna go for one of Armo's new Audiobahn's - they are meant to be the dogs danglies!

Armo gave me details about some McCluskey bros or something in belfast who will etch / cut some perspex for me - anyone any experience of them?

also, if i wanted said perspex lit up, will LED bars (like the undercar LED kits) do the job sufficiently well?

edit - this is the sub:

eternalSeries.jpg

the audiobahn AWES12P - but i'm sure Armo will be on to tell me if i am wrong..
1100w RMS, dual 4 ohm!

edit2:
Kenwood KAC-PS401M Mono Block

Maximum power output
1200 Wat 14.4V 2 Ohms

Rated - output - power
200 W at 12 V 4 Ohms 20 Hz - 20 kHz 0.05% THD
400 W at 12 V 2 Ohms 1 kHz 0.5% THD
300 W at 14.4 V 4 Ohms 20 Hz - 20 kHz 0.05% THD
600 W at 14.4 V 2 Ohms 1 kHz 0.5% THD

this is the amp i'll be using. will it run the audiobahn alright?

Jason MacQ

RMS Regular
Big Pimp said:
Armo gave me details about some McCluskey bros or something in belfast who will etch / cut some perspex for me - anyone any experience of them?

also, if i wanted said perspex lit up, will LED bars (like the undercar LED kits) do the job sufficiently well?

Yip...just aim the LEDs towards the side of the perspex. Works on a fiber optics basis and the light is kept within the perspex as such.

As for McClusky...i think it may be him who does SQD's perspex. Ravenhill road or suchlike???

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
will my amp 1200W 14.4V @ 2 Ohm run the audiobahn sub 1100W RMS @ 4 Ohm alright?

Jason MacQ

RMS Regular
Big Pimp said:
Rated - output - power
200 W at 12 V 4 Ohms 20 Hz - 20 kHz 0.05% THD
400 W at 12 V 2 Ohms 1 kHz 0.5% THD
300 W at 14.4 V 4 Ohms 20 Hz - 20 kHz 0.05% THD
600 W at 14.4 V 2 Ohms 1 kHz 0.5% THD

It will be under powered, but yes.

However, surely if its a dual 4ohm, you'll be running the coils in parallel to give you a 2ohm load. Therefore 'twice the power'.

Simplist way.....connect amp to the box terminals. Link the box terminals to one of the coils, both + and -. Then bunny hop these onto the other coil within the box. With a sub like that dont go any lesser than 12G cable.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
thanks Jason - it'll just take a bit of fiddling to get it running properly!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.