15 month driving ban

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

kyle g

RMS Regular
Drives
mk1 focus
hi got banned for 15 months untill tested last october and the ban is up on the 28th jan 2010

but i dont know how i go about applying for my licence

any help would be great as i havent got a clue about this

cheers

w.reid306

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo / SV650s
down side is its 65 quid (as opposed to the normal 45) and takes 3 weeks to process roughly

i assume u need to apply for a provisional.

FatRat

Drives
M3 Evo SMG
w.reid306 is correct, you will need to apply for a Provisional Licence and then apply for a driving test. I'm not sure if you have to do both parts but I would assume you will. Only when you have passed will you be able to drive unaccompanied. If you have already done your year on R's before your disqualification then you will not need to display R plates as they are only to be displayed for the first 12 months as a new driver.

Tim(e)

Drives
599/1998/2LTurbo
You need to apply for Provisional....

You need to book Theory test and pass and then book practical and pass....

And you still need to display R plates as technically you are a new driver again.

Get a car and find insurance....

FatRat

Drives
M3 Evo SMG
Tim(e), your wrong re the R plates. You only have to display R plates for the first year of driving. Same as if you pass a Motorcycle test after driving a car for more than a year, R plates are not required, same as when an HGV test is passed, or a PSV. People who pass a test after disqualification DO NOT need to display R plates.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Tim(e), your wrong re the R plates. You only have to display R plates for the first year of driving. Same as if you pass a Motorcycle test after driving a car for more than a year, R plates are not required, same as when an HGV test is passed, or a PSV. People who pass a test after disqualification DO NOT need to display R plates.

Pretty sure that if the ban is longer than a year its a full test re-do which requires R plates for one year after passing the test, regardless if you have been driving before??

FatRat

Drives
M3 Evo SMG
Marc.W definately sure your incorrect, I get asked questions like this in my work on a regular basis and have got the definative answer re R plates from Road Policing Development Department, Lisnasharragh. R plates are only for the 1st 12 months as a new driver, if you then pass driving tests in other groups (M/C, HGV, PSV) or have to resit a test after disqualification you DO NOT have to display R plates after successfully passing a test. How many Articulated lorries or buses have you seen with an R plate displayed?

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Marc.W definately sure your incorrect, I get asked questions like this in my work on a regular basis and have got the definative answer re R plates from Road Policing Development Department, Lisnasharragh. R plates are only for the 1st 12 months as a new driver, if you then pass driving tests in other groups (M/C, HGV, PSV) or have to resit a test after disqualification you DO NOT have to display R plates after successfully passing a test. How many Articulated lorries or buses have you seen with an R plate displayed?

But you have to have had a license for over a year before you can take those tests, and since he has to re-take his original driving test would that not technically make him a new driver?

Im not arguing BTW, just trying to get all the facts :p

FatRat

Drives
M3 Evo SMG
No, he is simply a driver taking a test after disqualification, as long as he had been driving for more than a year prior to being disqualified.

kyle g

RMS Regular
OP
kyle g
Drives
mk1 focus
thanks for the help lads i was told by a police officer that i wouldnt have to put the r plates up again

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.