18" wheels and insurance

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

shaughey

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 530D
I have 18* wheels on my vectra do i need to notify my insurance company iv put these on and if so should i expect my premium to go up??

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Shaughey,

Insurance providers all have different perspectives upon rating modifications, but the whole industry will require after market alloy wheels to be disclosed.

Greenlight have a preference for performance and modified vehicles, so if you're having trouble we will certainly be able to accommodate a set of 18" alloy wheels.

The wheels will also be replaced on a like for like replacement basis in event of damage or theft.

Kind regards

Tony

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I'm with Greenlight and when I changed my wheels I let them know. They wanted nothing in a way of payment as the wheels I put on were actually cheaper to replace that the standard ford ones! Great company to deal with.

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Thanks Paddy, glad that we could help.

It's all about common sense here, plus we like the fact that people are spending to enhance their car to exactly their own specification. It's a good moral factor.

Kind regards

Tony

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
I'm afraid we don't at the moment Paddy.

If the situation changes (ie. we employ some bikers that are also Insurance people) and we develop a range of motorbike schemes we'll post on here.

Kind regards (and thanks for thinking of us) (y)

Tony

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.