Not a Golf R.... but Scirocco R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
image.jpg

Took a bit of an extreme notion and went to see this 2010 Scirocco R last Saturday.

Needless to say it's now in my driveway lol I loved the S4 but it was very hard on fuel and I'm moving location in work to another factory shortly so there will be a lot more driving between sites so putting the extra miles on the car would have killed me :worried:

Anyway, a scirocco R had appealed to me before and I had kept my eye On S3's as well but decided I couldn't go back to one after mine unless it was an 8V chassis

So, the car:

Scirocco R
19k miles
Viper Green :cool:
Cloth interior which is a nice change from leather I have to admit - very comfy!
Dynaudio sound system
RCD510 touch screen
Xenons with coming home function
Footwell lights
Media Pack
Privacy Glass
FBMFSW - I have missed this!!

Great car to drive, it put a huge smile on my face from the first test drive and loving the past couple of days! Brings back memories of my S3!

More pictures:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

First mod lol

image.jpg

Initial plans are to just drive it and replace some OEM bits like wheel but covers but long term:

Get my plate on
RNS510
Bluetooth
Wheel refurb
H&R springs
Revo intake
Revo Stage 1 map

But until then I will just enjoy it!

Last edited:

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Love it bud.. Health to enjoy..
Measure the washer cap as I have a brand new black one. And hopefully size matches.

Also I've got genuine 18" scirocco alloys with 235/40/18 tyres if you fancy a change.

Are you getting 40mm H&R again or 30mm this time?

Love the colour, must look amazing in sun the. Different again at night..

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
What a colour, that is fantastic!

S4 is a great car, but that's much more you.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Bet you wish you had kept the BBS wheels now! :p

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
@Con it's what VAG call "lights turn on in the dark when unlocked and stay on when car is locked for set period of time"

Thanks for the comments.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Very nice, I really like these and they are a lot better value than a Mk6 Golf R. Plenty of tuning potential too. These are FWD aren't they?

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
Love that, looks great in green. Friend of mine has a black one, I was surprised how well they go. They are kind of a sleeper with a lot of them being derv.

Con S3

RMS Regular
Drives
RRS SVR
That's a fantastic looking thing! Never seen one in this colour and it really suits it!! In fact, the R is rare enough in any colour....I never see them!

Are they 4WD too?

jc7891

RMS Regular
Looks great in viper green and I'm sure it's very lively. Does it feel any more lively than the s3 with being fwd?

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Very nice, the scirroco r's are a nice place to be, both my brothers have had them and alway enjoyed 'driving' them. Htd

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Cheers guys, yeah it's FWD only. Haven't had the opportunity yet to really give it a go but seems to handle well enough and I have the adjustable suspension options or what ever VW call it.

I can go from comfort to sport with a press of a button.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.