1966 Half Cab Double Decker

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
Took a run down to Limepark wedding venue today to meet the team there.

Also finally got the UK registration in the post so can finally add it to my operators licence. Been watching the post for weeks!

B11E8239-0B81-4F0D-BB93-4875CDC791FD.jpeg

4BF252F3-8EB3-4431-896F-4292E75A5479.jpeg

85FA2711-4E03-4485-B721-0E9A011DF952.jpeg

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
Sorry feel as if I am just spamming at this point but finally everything is sorted and I have it on my operators licence. Thanks @Woodcutter for getting me the plates, still blows my mind how there’s were ordered Thursday lunch time and were made and delivered from England 24 hours later

F739EB6A-BF49-4376-A415-E49C4353A0D0.jpeg

7C2DBB25-D2FC-4CF2-995D-2DFA53523D87.jpeg

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Saw an ex London transport routemaster on the road between Templepatrick and the airport around half an hour ago. Looked and smelt pretty rough and was tipping along at a heady 40mph, yours looks perfect by comparison tbh.

KevM

RMS Regular
Possibly the same one I passed this afternoon, struggling up onto the M3 at 30mph with reek piling out of it 😯

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Probably, smelt it half a mile back. I used to help a mate in Nantwich at his various cars at a unit he had, next door was a bus preservation group and all those old things ran like sewing machines. Not sure how one of them gets that bad, they are as simple as you can get.

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
To be fair 40mph is where this thing usually sits lol. Never warmed to the routemasters myself, think it’s the front end just.

Only know of one routemaster operated by a company in Belfast guessing it was theirs.

Any big vintage/vehicle shows coming up where the decker might be a good fit?

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
Good to meet you today @Loggie. The Bus is stunning in the flesh. I meant to get over for another chat before the end of the day but got sidelined clearing up.

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
Cheers @karl7900 good to meet you too! I headed off about 3pm had someone to cover for me in the evening. Was a good day!

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
Sorry if I’m just spamming at this point… had the Irish transport heritage out yesterday as part of their mystery tour. Had a little bit of trouble unfortunately with a diesel leak causing reduced power but hope to have it sorted this week before we attend the Cultra Manor wedding show this coming weekend.
02CF1B3D-0ABC-4777-96BD-9617C73710DB.jpeg

906878B3-182D-4DE3-AA45-5AE6AD56A878.jpeg

46839DD7-07A3-460A-B098-3B793533A7D5.jpeg

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I would imagine that you couldn't take a roundabout too fast or it would get quite the lean on?

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
Yeah they would have a bit of lean alright. Today was the driver in the videos first time out so probably slower than usually would be done to be fair

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
Prepped today for the winter wedding showcase tomorrow at Montalto Estate.

Also got some new destination blinds made up and fitted - now have the option to put our logo on the front and removes the endless scrolling through Leicester street names for the couple of ones I would use
98ED303A-1882-4105-AD2F-ED45678DD06B.jpeg

2236EB4D-BF1C-4FF7-B01A-ECF8F2335F9E.jpeg
E0B8879A-01FB-47A9-AE92-505D8E5E6647.jpeg
74D33FF4-26E9-4EB0-9A81-19CB5845F77C.jpeg

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
Looking some advice from the minds of RMS - I am thinking of organising some “Vintage afternoon tea” trips with the decker.

Idea would be pick-up at Europa/city hall (somewhere central people can easily get to) and transport to somewhere high end like the Culloden etc for afternoon tea and return transport.

Think this would be something people would be interested in? Might be a good gift idea etc

Dan.86

RMS Regular
My wife is always looking for things like that for gift ideas. Sounds really good
Looking some advice from the minds of RMS - I am thinking of organising some “Vintage afternoon tea” trips with the decker.

Idea would be pick-up at Europa/city hall (somewhere central people can easily get to) and transport to somewhere high end like the Culloden etc for afternoon tea and return transport.

Think this would be something people would be interested in? Might be a good gift idea etc

davyk31

RMS Regular
Maybe needs a longer or more interesting trip on the bus rather than just city centre to the Culloden. A longer trip would also let you charge more for the bus trip as it adds more value because if you charge too much for the Culloden trip people will just get a taxi or drive there themselves. Basically you need to make the bus trip the event rather than the afternoon tea which then becomes the nice add on.

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
My wife is always looking for things like that for gift ideas. Sounds really good
Thanks hopefully get something lined up if the interest is there
Maybe needs a longer or more interesting trip on the bus rather than just city centre to the Culloden. A longer trip would also let you charge more for the bus trip as it adds more value because if you charge too much for the Culloden trip people will just get a taxi or drive there themselves. Basically you need to make the bus trip the event rather than the afternoon tea which then becomes the nice add on.
good point @davyk31 thanks. Looking around La Mon might be good or something along those lines. Open to suggestions. Somewhere around 30 minutes by car (decker goes 40-45mph)