1971 BMW 2002tii

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
@r16vka had some OEM looking old beard looking headunit in one his Audi's, some fancy make that now escapes me. Looks old, but has all the fancy modern gubbins.

Probably something similar to what I’m doing.
This will be going in hopefully this week, along with some speakers in the kick panels. The fibre glass things next to the head unit are to hold speakers and go in the kick panels.
IMG_0320.jpeg

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Becker is the popular choice for retro units with modern tech

Yeah I looked at the Becker ones. They looked either too 80’s a bit too 60’s Americana. I kind of wanted something that’s almost invisible. The Blaupunkt stuff looks more late 70’s/early 80’s and is pretty discreet.

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
Probably something similar to what I’m doing.
This will be going in hopefully this week, along with some speakers in the kick panels. The fibre glass things next to the head unit are to hold speakers and go in the kick panels.
View attachment 431488
Yes I had a becker Mexico in the tdi audi back in 08, great unit with ipod connection and Bluetooth.

I've fitted a blaupunkt valencia in the 80, although it's more of a 90s look rather than the 70s your looking for.

So nice having Bluetooth for calls and Spotify in an older car 😊

20230511_090651.jpg

I too am rocking a built by basil knob 🥰

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Ive also seen a few people who can gut the original radio and fit bluetooth etc.

I used to have the original radio in place (not working) but with a new headunit fitted inside the glovebox. Ripped it out after a while as i couldnt bloody hear anything anyway lol

PAULW

RMS Regular
Read through the whole thing, what a journey but a beautiful car at the end, love the colour and the interior.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Just put telly on in the crew-room - Car SOS with a '74 2002 Turbo. First thing that came to mind was this thread.

Hopefully get to see you driving it around North Down at some point!

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
Absolutely love this 😍

Some amount of time and work put in, but looks worth every penny! Must keep an eye out for it at future shows.

Super work 👏🏻

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Aftermarket windscreen wipers that are the same style as the originals, have just become available for the first time.
They have a little spoiler on the drivers side. A little difference that no one will probably notice but I got weirdly excited about fitting them this week. 😂

Before.
IMG_0325.jpeg

After

IMG_0375.jpeg

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I got my sound system fitted this week. Everything was done by Audio Advice in Portadown. Phil’s done a few of my past cars now and I’d highly recommend them.
I bought some fibre glass kick plate panel extensions from a guy in the US. Audio advice carpeted over them. They also fitted a little cheeky sub under the back seat. Its all really discreet and if you didn’t know you’d definitely think it was like that from standard. Really happy with the sound and appearance. 👍

IMG_0399.jpeg
IMG_0403.jpeg
IMG_0402.jpeg
IMG_0404.jpeg
IMG_0405.jpeg
IMG_0414.jpeg
IMG_0410.jpeg