1999 Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
So here's the latest toy.

It's a April 1999 Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000, with just over 63,000 miles.

It's has a full Subaru History from new... and I mean he kept every single receipt right down to the purchase invoice! Check the photos below of most of it on my living room floor and with my OCD I ended up organising everything into that file in chronological order... lets just say it took a while!

It was originally purchased from Greenways Subaru by a gentleman called Barry on his 65th Birthday and he owned it for 17 years and the next owner Paul (who I've managed to chat to online) picked it up from him on his 82nd birthday as he was retiring from driving.. what a great story! It has two quite rare factory options firstly the £1400+ Air Con and a much more reasonable £80 Ice Warning System, which has a sensor on the front bumper and warns when the temperature drops... this is fairly high tech in a car that left the factory with a cassette player (which has never been changed and won't be in my time!).

As you can well imagine, the original owner never modified the car in any way. The only modification to the whole car was carried out by the next owner Paul and that was replace the original OEM Exhaust back-box with one from an STI, so a nice OEM+ upgrade. It was then bought by a guy here who took it over from Norwich ago and it ended up that he never drove it over here since buying it around 4 years ago. He had a nice collection of older stuff and this was a toy he simply never used and didn't have the room for.

I bought the car with the paintwork pretty much as you see. No issues with the quarter panels, all great as you can see. The only problem being the inner rear turrets were becoming crusty despite the outer QP being in superb order. So I booked it into WJ Blairs and after a few weeks they had everything sorted and I opted to have the two rear inner arches done with body-coloured "Raptor" coating. The rest of the car for the age is in great order and it flew through the MOT I booked the same day as I collected it, with no advisories.

The plans are to book into Eastwoods Subaru for a much needed oil change etc. I usually do them myself but I think it would be wise to continue the Subaru history as I've never seen one with as complete a history and low miles/owners not to mention being able to trace all the owners as well. I also might put WKZ18 on it as well.

IMG_2038.png

IMG_2039.png

IMG_2045.png
IMG_2047.png
IMG_2015.png
IMG_2016.png
IMG_2017.png
IMG_2018.png
IMG_2021.png
IMG_1833.jpeg

IMG_1003.png

For those interested, I've came full circle in my daily as well... I ditched the Passat CC and moved to a 525D and ultimately back into a 640D again, just missed the power! They really are the ultimate daily IMO. It's a real gem with only 38,000 miles and full Bavarian history etc. In the best colour too and with some nice rare options like Sunroof and OEM 20 inch upgrade alloys.

tempImageVIN8Mh.png

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yes! That looks lovely, so nice in red and I still think a clean turbo 2000 is hard to beat. A keeper I’m sure.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Wow, that's a great find! So rare to see a nice unmolested one, looks great in red also!

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I used to know an old chap called Barry who came from the Birmingham area was big into his scoobys and evos. Ex dunlop test driver in the 60's and a class character. Did it come from that area?

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Lovely car, was messaging the seller about the car (in tyrone somewhere?) but didn't pull the trigger with the restrictions at the time. Great buy.

schoolboy

RMS Regular
Looks excellent and it certainly has a twin over here. I went to view one being sold by an old chap in Strangford. Same colour and it came complete with the same ice warning indicator.
It even had a tow bar!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
So much win in the 1 post there. The Impreza looks tremendous, I’ve a real soft spot for a Turbo 2000!

The 640 looks great also!

Perfect combo (y).

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
What a find!

Any plans engine wise, in bog standard form they aren't going to light the world alight (probably a bad time to be using that term :monkey: )

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Class. Health to drive. Where was this advertised? Expected it to come in from England but seen Tyrone mentioned above.