1st Central Insurance

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Sir Lancerlot

RMS Member
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with 1st Central insurance???

My insurance is up for renewal and this online insurance company has been giving me pretty good quotes!

Been with Abbey Insurance a few years and they are now trying to screw me over!!!8o|

Time for a change I think but also want decent cover too.....:confounded:

(y)

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
They are new to Northern Ireland and are offering some good prices.

However they give no european cover unless you contact them, give them dates of your trip and pay an additional premium.

Europe = South of ireland. So not much use to alot of Northern Ireland people.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Oh, and with regards to Abbey, I'd be confident they have you with Prestige (NIG). They had run into difficultys due to agressive low pricing over the last few years, therefore business became un-sustaniable and thats why you've seen such a rise.

They priced themselves below all other insurers, which is why most prestige customers will feel hard-done-by when they pay more elsewhere this year.

Sir Lancerlot

RMS Member
OP
Sir Lancerlot
Good point there!!! Definately need cover for the South!

Indeed I have been with Prestige NIG last few years and they have bumped it up £300 this year...

Although Abbey have provided an alternative with serviceplan it still ain't as cheap as what I was getting last few years!

I prefer to stay with a local broker but these online quotes are very tempting though I've heard bad thing's about some whenever people try to claim after an accident!

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Online quotes are fine, just stick with brand names you recognise. But the biggest problem at the moment are companys who don't understand the NI insurance model, they class driving to ROI the same as an english person going to France.

I may be able to help - PM me.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.