2 post moveable car lifts?

Jrice283

RMS Regular
Drives
06 Leon FR
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a 2 post ramp for the garage at home. My garage isn't the biggest but is fit for 2 cars side by side.

I have seen a few ramps that are mid rise, moveable, you can take the legs off, unbolt them and wheel each upright out of the way.

1000032515.jpg

Does anyone know if they are for sale anywhere in NI?

Have found a crowd selling them in England but I wouldn't mind getting the ramp without delivery fees lol

Thanks in Advance!

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
I’d be very dubious of a moveable 2 post. There are significant forces acting on the legs hence why they’re usually secured by a bolt box or large anchor fixing into decent concrete foundation. My garage sounds similar side to yours - 2 cars side by side but it’s tight. I opted for full rise scissor lift which makes best use of the space

Cro

RMS Regular
Like John I’ve a scissor but just mid rise. Moveable enough but not the type of thing you’d be putting away after use if that’s what you’d be after

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I’d be very dubious of a moveable 2 post. There are significant forces acting on the legs hence why they’re usually secured by a bolt box or large anchor fixing into decent concrete foundation. My garage sounds similar side to yours - 2 cars side by side but it’s tight. I opted for full rise scissor lift which makes best use of the space
They sound a bit sketchy but he does say in his post, "...unbolt them.."

This kind of thing.

Sham1

RMS Regular
Never seen 2 post moveable lifts, know a man that has two 1 post moveable lifts tho
Or a moveable single post

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Or a moveable single post

Yep as I said, fella I know has 2 of them

Sham1

RMS Regular
Yep as I said, fella I know has 2 of them
Sorry thought you meant the single post lifts normally used for buses and lorries. normally 4 required for buses etc, but I've seen two for cars somewhere. You control one, and the other moves at the same time via wireless connection. Like the one below, only it has a has a frame that lifts on the jacking points on each side.

I'm assuming if your mate has two of the ones in the other post, that he likes them?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 0

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Sorry thought you meant the single post lifts normally used for buses and lorries. normally 4 required for buses etc, but I've seen two for cars somewhere. You control one, and the other moves at the same time via wireless connection. Like the one below, only it has a has a frame that lifts on the jacking points on each side.

I'm assuming if your mate has two of the ones in the other post, that he likes them?
Yea single post, but moveable
He has 2 as his shed isn't that big