2 stroke spark plug colour

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Can anyone advise if this is normal looking?

Colour seems OK to me but there's some white deposits on the plug?

Bike is a wee 50cc two stroke and seems going the very best, just want to make sure it's all OK

IMG_20180903_130922425.jpg

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
That said, you don’t really know until you chop the threaded bit off and see the actual white bit.

Look up how to do a ‘plug chop’ online and that will tell you for sure.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
That said, you don’t really know until you chop the threaded bit off and see the actual white bit.

Look up how to do a ‘plug chop’ online and that will tell you for sure.

Probably best doing that with a new, fresh plug?

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
That’s the only way to do it bud. I always buy a 4 pack of NGK plugs from eBay when I need one.

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Looks fine, if not a touch lean, but still fine.
You're looking for a rich tea colour, worry more if you have any grey or white.
KHI is spot on with the plug chop.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Looks all right to me, but yeah the dots...do they really mean anything? I've done the thing where you cut the ign at full power but didn't know they called it "chopping". Is it some Fast n Furious/ American / youtube term?

"chopping" off the threads to look....I'm off to investigate that one.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Looks all right to me, but yeah the dots...do they really mean anything? I've done the thing where you cut the ign at full power but didn't know they called it "chopping". Is it some Fast n Furious/ American / youtube term?

"chopping" off the threads to look....I'm off to investigate that one.

Frank (Franks motorcycles lisburn) used to call it a plug chop back when I was a youth, so it must be an old timer term as I don't think he even knew the internet existed.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.