2005 Audi S4 (B7)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Fancied one of these for years but never got to the point of actually buying one. They are big, guzzle fuel and cause bankruptcy when the timing chains stretch or even snap.

But, they are well enough priced now to take a punt so started looking for a nice B6 S4. The B6 is a nice car BUT does feel a little long in the tooth these days, but B7s are still pretty expensive. After much searching managed to find an 05 B7 for B6 money. Little leggy at 116k but according to the seller was in super condition. Had a chat and decided to make the trip to Cumbria for it. Should have brought a canoe there was that much rain.

To be fair to the guy the car was indeed in superb condition. Good history, recent service and MOT, wheels refurbished and good michelin tyres. Nice spec (minus nav :worried:) including xenons, cruise, MFSW, front and rear parking sensors etc. Half leather still very good.

Good blast home to get the early boat and very much enjoyed the power, surprising agility for a big avant, and refinement. Though coming from a 197 clio this was to be expected!

Plans are to sort out a decent stereo (maybe double din) and drive the thing. May refurb the wheels back to silver undecided yet. Looking out for a set of winter wheels and tyres so then would be the perfect time. They do look better in the flesh than in the pics though. Also might do the door blades back to black again as per standard.

Came out this morning to an icy S4 and was relieved to find NO rattle whatsoever on startup.

Few seller pics, crappy I know but all I have right now.

Last edited:

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Love it, very fresh looking in silver.

Wheels back to silver would be nice.

Looking forward to a nosy around it. :grinning:

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Very nice . Fancy one of these myself at some stage . What was it like on fuel on the motorway back to the boat ?

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Cool cars. Bet it was squeaky bum starting the car peeking out of one eye, given the rattle rumours

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
V8 :cool:

Was expecting a to see a B6 going by the other thread. Have to say the B7 looks a lot fresher, I would have the 19in twin spoke RS4 wheels on there.

Hopefully see it about as I'm only round the corner now.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Looks like a clean example and sure with the price of fuel these days you won't be bankrupt every time you put your foot down ;)

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
now you mention it...... I kinda like the black but not if its not right, no point then

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Lovely car! Health to enjoy. I hope you aren't plagued with it.

What are the purpose of the door blades? Do they even serve a purpose? I think they look awful

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
lol I just might!

not really a weapon though, unlike the M4 which should be banned under the geneva convention.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
now you mention it...... I kinda like the black but not if its not right, no point then
Could always try that spray wrap plasti dip thing.

Lovely car! Health to enjoy. I hope you aren't plagued with it.

What are the purpose of the door blades? Do they even serve a purpose? I think they look awful

Audi done them instead of side skirts.
When I see a B7 without them (except RS4) it just looks a bit unfinished. Sline's have them too although smaller.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.