2006 Nissan 350z GT

MustangAlly

RMS Regular
Drives
Corvette
I’ve always really liked these! Real performance bargain and a big petrol engine! What’s the fuel economy like in them?

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
I’ve always really liked these! Real performance bargain and a big petrol engine! What’s the fuel economy like in them?

Mid twenty’s for normal mixed driving.

Low twenties for town

High twenties for motorway at 65mpg

Yeah proper good craic and beginning to hold their prices

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
So it's been a fair while since my last up date, but with the zed now sorned and off road until new year I thought it would be a good time to update

Last update was Car was taken to pentagon for windows to tint.... might be a little darker than I expected but overall I’m happy with the look against the bright silver paint.

Just after pentagon retuned car it was time for JPPCNI Show at Eikon Centre. I was really looking forward to this and was happy the car was accepted For outside. When I arrived the car I began going over it to remove dust etc when I was asked did I want to take it inside as there was space.

I was over the moon with this, as I knew that the standard inside was generally very high and my car is what I consider a lightly mod’d Daily driver/weekend car.

I arrived in and realised I was up beside @chrisd1 and his amazing AE86World stand. My zed looked like the overweight cousin had just weighed up for the last event lol. The 86’s looked petite next to the zed I felt.

Chris was kind enough to snap this for me

4EBEC944-6BEA-4B16-99DD-A709A7996398.jpeg

And joked that I’d left the tire marks... wasn’t me honest.

The overall feedback was positive from the event on my car, and I was surprised how clean it looked under the lights. If I’d thought for a second it was going inside I’d have don’t more than a quick wax and sealant the day before.

Highlight for me was catching up as always with likes of @Reno_LV , @big_pete etc

Few more photos from the show. Thanks to all who snapped them.

IMG_7793.JPG

IMG_7676.JPG

IMG_7662.jpg

After the show I decided to invest a little in new wax. Davy at Procar suggested trying Chemical Guys 50/50 wax.

Car was clayed, then 2 stage polished with the DA then I used Auto Finesse Tripple for first time and found it pretty decent. Then waxed with the 50/50 and @Big Pimp Hybrid to finish.

I was pretty pleased with results. Ended up also being last decent day of the summer

D28BF9B7-DC8E-422A-A0FD-802B9D88A8DF.jpeg

2DB19672-28BC-4FA3-8CCC-9AB5251DB9EA.jpeg

A3888B9C-07C9-4D6B-97E5-AB227AD15BE7.jpeg

245BA3E9-3F73-4372-B7C3-1D0F0D7A8DA5.jpeg

My son Ezra is near 2 and is mad into cars... and he is getting more and more eager to get out in zed. He cracks up when his big sister gets to school in it.

BF6C0AC6-B55C-4635-A006-D5C5776ABDBD.JPG

Plans are over winter are droplinks, new drilled and grooves discs & pads all round, new uprated W Brace under the car, braided brake lines, single mass flywheel, uprated clutch and slave cylinder including braided clutch line and polybush the ARB bushes front and rear.

All parts sitting there bar clutch and flywheel. The oem dual mass is very heavy and leads to mental rev hang, so a lightened single mass should help free up some revs etc.

Into spring plan is plenum spacer and maybe an uprev remap to help the torque curve and drivability side.

Few last pics from Down royal etc

IMG_7854.JPG

Then into summer who knows.... keep eyeing up enkei rpf1’s lol.

Thanks for the read and sorry for pic heavy! Comments and advice welcome as always.

Attachments

• IMG_7667.JPG
    IMG_7667.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 152
  • B17BF402-5055-438B-92A2-DD0F1930471A 2.JPG
    B17BF402-5055-438B-92A2-DD0F1930471A 2.JPG
    459.1 KB · Views: 104

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Great looking , Looked well at the show.

Thanks, there where some super high spec stuff there and some rare models etc too, but I has pleased it didn’t look too out of place lol

Love the way that sits. Class looking 350

Thanks, yeah I’d always thought coilovers would be needed long term but the springs sit perfect and the spacers really helped fill out the arches with zero scrubbing issues. Front lip does catch on some stuff though lol

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
I really like that Dave! It’s sitting absolutely perfectly and mint every time I see it! Would you consider a slightly larger read wing in black/carbon?

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
I really like that Dave! It’s sitting absolutely perfectly and mint every time I see it! Would you consider a slightly larger read wing in black/carbon?

That mate yeah I’ve been looking at subtle duck tail spoilers for it, but unsure of going factory silver with it or gloss black to match lip etc.

Fear is with black it may just look like it’s unpainted n half finished lol

Example of the spoiler

2501BDD8-C030-40B9-839F-A0E646AF4D47.jpeg

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Love how this sits one of these would tempt me away from 6 series lol

No doubt the big 6 would be way more refined etc but part of the ‘meat & potatoes’ feel about the zed is what appeals to me about it. Something almost old school about the feel and power delivery. Plus turn tsc etc off and it’s like a tipsy big lass who wants to be thrown about.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
I really like that. Never owned one so maybe have to get one in thru the stable to scratch that itch. Looks well in the pics. Health to enjoy(y)

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
I really like that. Never owned one so maybe have to get one in thru the stable to scratch that itch. Looks well in the pics. Health to enjoy(y)

thanks, yeah def worth doing, and as few mentioned above they are a bit of a performance bargain lol. prices of them are all over the place, the uk forums are pretty much to blame, the guys give stuff away cause they want to sell quick cause they have their eye on something else etc... very frustrating.

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Sitting perfect!

Thanks mate. I remember pulling up beside your one back I think at Rms birthday J1 I was in my eunos roadster and it looked like a toy in size compared to your zed lol. Also always meant to ask about what speakers etc you went for?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Thanks mate. I remember pulling up beside your one back I think at Rms birthday J1 I was in my eunos roadster and it looked like a toy in size compared to your zed lol. Also always meant to ask about what speakers etc you went for?

Aye back then it was cool to have them absolutely railed but I definately think you have nailed the styling on this ... Purposeful for our roads but also real sleek.

Speakers I went for were MTX Thunder comps, I think, then JL Audio sub and a Alpine multi amp ... Was one of the best sound systems I've ever heard ... @Cartunes is the master!

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Aye back then it was cool to have them absolutely railed but I definately think you have nailed the styling on this ... Purposeful for our roads but also real sleek.

Speakers I went for were MTX Thunder comps, I think, then JL Audio sub and a Alpine multi amp ... Was one of the best sound systems I've ever heard ... @Cartunes is the master!

yea del is the master. Did you completely remove the oem Bose stuff then?

did Del do full install for you or just advise? Been 18years since I was doing subs and amps lol

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
yea del is the master. Did you completely remove the oem Bose stuff then?

did Del do full install for you or just advise? Been 18years since I was doing subs and amps lol

Everything was removed just.

Del did advice, parts picking and the build itself. It was absolutely flawless

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Everything was removed just.

Del did advice, parts picking and the build itself. It was absolutely flawless

I'd expect nothing less from him lol legend. sound system upgrade is on the long finger, I'm focusing on refreshing some stuff over winter and then looking into new year on under bonnet and smaller details, steering wheel refresh, some interior trim bits etc. no plans to sell anymore so looking the long term. have settled on the spoiler above and then maybe black rear diffuser with the oem style spats etc.

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
So small update this week before the big one next week.
Been bothering me for a while that spacers where still unpainted compared to the black wheels. So had free time this week and took wheels off cleaned arches, painted spacers satin black (new discs etc next week are powder coated satin black)

also little niggly job competed too. The sidelights where switches for leds.
Much cleaners and modern and matches the Xeon headlights and led markers also.

Before
0053A9B2-D374-49A3-82B1-4D24879A1324.jpeg

After

0F649107-A36B-48DC-8F32-1F853531F7FA.jpeg

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Nice! Did the same on mine, bit of a pain in the ass to get at via wheel arch but worth it (y)

subie_andy33

RMS Regular
Drives
ImprezaSTI
What do you do to get / keep your silver paint looking so shiny? I remember taking a photo of yours at JCC show and telling everyone how that's what all silvers should aspire to look like lol - my Subie is dull in comparison and polishing didn't seem to help much :worried:

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
What do you do to get / keep your silver paint looking so shiny? I remember taking a photo of yours at JCC show and telling everyone how that's what all silvers should aspire to look like lol - my Subie is dull in comparison and polishing didn't seem to help much :worried:

hey mate, thanks for the kind comments.

below is the wash procedure that I typically do (whilst looking inside the house to make sure kids are murdering each other or their mum)

1. Anachem articulate pre wash cleanser via a garden hand pressure pump

leave 5 minutes

2. Anachem Snow Foam applied via nilfisk powerwasher and snow foam bottle (bottle from Procar Carryduff)

leave 5-10 minutes dependant on weather

3. Power wash off

4. Reapply snow foam in much thinner layer

5. 2 bucket wash using anachem gleam soap

6. power wash

7. apply anachem ultra gloss and powerwash

8. dry using auto finesse big blue drying towel

9. apply anachem Hydrib quick detailer via soft micro fibre, wipe on, buff off

10. meguires grape tire gel

This is my usual pattern of wash, by no means perfect but works for me. then every 2-3 months the car gets

Bilt Hamber claybar (medium compound)
Anachem Tarminator
Anachem Fallout remover on the wheels and lower paint if needed

then usually a light 2 stage polish. nothing majorly heavy but just to remove light swirls and bring back some clarity in the paint.

Up until JPCC I was using 50cal Pentawax which is pretty decent, although doesn't last too long on paint. I've switched to 50/50 wax by Chemical Guys and am pretty impressed by it so far.

Silver is one of those colours that needs to be physically uber clean and I think @big_pete at PMG mentioned to me once (literally detailing Yoda) that with silver you will never get a mega gloss due to the colour etc, but all you can aim for it to gleam as much as possible and look super clear n clean. think this is my favourite photo that shows that

IMG_7793.JPG

Anyway, sorry for long reply, and again there are dozens of members here who know much much more than I do. I just have a little system that seems to work with the zed's paint colour and looks decent for what it is lol!

subie_andy33

RMS Regular
Drives
ImprezaSTI
hey mate, thanks for the kind comments.

below is the wash procedure that I typically do (whilst looking inside the house to make sure kids are murdering each other or their mum)

1. Anachem articulate pre wash cleanser via a garden hand pressure pump

leave 5 minutes

2. Anachem Snow Foam applied via nilfisk powerwasher and snow foam bottle (bottle from Procar Carryduff)

leave 5-10 minutes dependant on weather

3. Power wash off

4. Reapply snow foam in much thinner layer

5. 2 bucket wash using anachem gleam soap

6. power wash

7. apply anachem ultra gloss and powerwash

8. dry using auto finesse big blue drying towel

9. apply anachem Hydrib quick detailer via soft micro fibre, wipe on, buff off

10. meguires grape tire gel

This is my usual pattern of wash, by no means perfect but works for me. then every 2-3 months the car gets

Bilt Hamber claybar (medium compound)
Anachem Tarminator
Anachem Fallout remover on the wheels and lower paint if needed

then usually a light 2 stage polish. nothing majorly heavy but just to remove light swirls and bring back some clarity in the paint.

Up until JPCC I was using 50cal Pentawax which is pretty decent, although doesn't last too long on paint. I've switched to 50/50 wax by Chemical Guys and am pretty impressed by it so far.

Silver is one of those colours that needs to be physically uber clean and I think @big_pete at PMG mentioned to me once (literally detailing Yoda) that with silver you will never get a mega gloss due to the colour etc, but all you can aim for it to gleam as much as possible and look super clear n clean. think this is my favourite photo that shows that

View attachment 264985

Anyway, sorry for long reply, and again there are dozens of members here who know much much more than I do. I just have a little system that seems to work with the zed's paint colour and looks decent for what it is lol!
No apology for the long message it's exactly what I was hoping for! I've gone as far as to screenshot the entire message as I'll no doubt be referring to it a lot the next while 😂

That a very meticulous process you have. I'm definitely no cleaning junkie but if I can get even half as good as your results I'll happily put in the time and effort. Think I might have to consider a full professional detail first though to get the best start on it.

Gonna have to go write out a shopping list! Thanks very much!

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
No apology for the long message it's exactly what I was hoping for! I've gone as far as to screenshot the entire message as I'll no doubt be referring to it a lot the next while 😂

That a very meticulous process you have. I'm definitely no cleaning junkie but if I can get even half as good as your results I'll happily put in the time and effort. Think I might have to consider a full professional detail first though to get the best start on it.

Gonna have to go write out a shopping list! Thanks very much!
honestly either @Big Pimp for his anachem stuff, or speak to @big_pete for a pro paint correction and then guidance on maintenance program. Davy at Procar is a sponsor on here for odds and ends and just go from there. I've picked up so much over the years from members on rms's cleaning threads etc.

subie_andy33

RMS Regular
Drives
ImprezaSTI
honestly either @Big Pimp for his anachem stuff, or speak to @big_pete for a pro paint correction and then guidance on maintenance program. Davy at Procar is a sponsor on here for odds and ends and just go from there. I've picked up so much over the years from members on rms's cleaning threads etc.
I take it @big_pete is the owner of PMG autocare? (Sorry, new here!)

That'll probably have to be my first stop, though I may have to give my bank account a month or two to shape up before going down the detailing / cleaning rabbit hole 😣