2009 a4 mmi

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
Gents, I bought this last night and know they come with Bluetooth but music sync is not possible over Bluetooth ie deeper or Spotify. What is needed to get this function or is the cable needed for iPhone?

Cheers

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
You need cable in glovebox for iPhone bud

What iPhone?

I have brand new genuine cable sets here that would work. Pm for details as haven't put them on eBay yet.

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Do you have AMI in the glove box?

I have an iPhone 30 pin cable if you're interested.

I use 1 myself, then an Apple 30 pin to lightning cable adapter for my iPhone 6. That combination is cheaper than buying an Audi iPhone lighting cable.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
I had a clip in cradle for this somewhere; was for sale but can't rem if it sold! . Was £100+ from Audi. Prob won't suit newer iPhones though.

From memory there needs to be a point under the armrest to clip it into which didn't come standard..

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
OP
GT_MAXER
iphone 5 small pin i have. i looked in at airport carpark this morning and saw on the MMI thing in glovebox it had a cable for the older iphone so ill just buy for the newer iphone, pity but as i didnt want to have to use a cable at all, i want to just get in the car without having to open glovebox each time to listen to deezer.

cheers lads

Beggsy

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi RS3
@GT_MAXER surely there is a SW update to enable this? I'm in the same boat as you, was trying to work it out over the weekend if it was possible to SW update (mines currently on version 0470) the MMI in my 2015 A4 to allow bluetooth media streaming, surely since the hardware is clearly there to allow bluetooth phone connectivity.

I've no interest in navigation or anything like that, just bluetooth media streaming would be a winner!!!

Darren91

RMS Regular
The Tune2Air things work fine, you still need AMI tho :p it won't work with the basic 'iPod prep' system.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Should AMI not enable me to play music from the phone when plugged in? Mine doesn't seem to be able to do it which is a bit annoying!

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Should AMI not enable me to play music from the phone when plugged in? Mine doesn't seem to be able to do it which is a bit annoying!
Yes it should. Can also need a software update on mmi to play with cable.

Depending on what cable you have some just charge with no music. There is a few different types of colour on the cable for different cars and mmi.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
The Tune2Air things work fine, you still need AMI tho :p it won't work with the basic 'iPod prep' system.

I know ! I was thinking I could use it, then Tune-In radio on the phone for DAB. But I see teh AutoDAB is only £150 so will just go for that.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.