2013 Camaro MyLink infotainment system mirror link help

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
Drives
Italian
This might be a long shot but maybe one of our experts might have a solution.

I have a standard Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system in my camaro that I would really like to retain but there is limited things I can do with it as its a US system.

I bought a Mirror Link Box with the thinking I could connect my phone to the system and use the screen for satnav etc. It recognizes the music on the phone but that's it, nothing else.

Ideally I'd like to connect an Ipod to the system but have it mirror linked to the screen so I can use all the apps.

don't suppose anyone would have any ideas how I can do this without having to replace the whole system as to do that I'll have to change the heater controls as well and it would all end up being very expensive, plus I like the heater controls as they are and don't want to lose them.

Camaro in showroom 9.jpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
What size is that screen? You could possibly remove it and mount an aftermarket system in its place, leaving the heater controls untouched, unless their levels and temps are displayed on the existing screen?

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Yep, a good audio shop/fabricator could replace that screen and keep the heater knobs and controls in place and functioning. Cooper just had a factory screen removed and a new bigger screen custom-fitted to his lotus, custom moulding etc and it looks extremely tidy, better than factory.

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
What size is that screen? You could possibly remove it and mount an aftermarket system in its place, leaving the heater controls untouched, unless their levels and temps are displayed on the existing screen?

Yup they are displayed on the screen. As you can see its all integrated. You can buy an aftermarket surround but it has completely different heater controls and by the time it would get here the surround itself would be costing near £700!!!

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Mirror link was abandoned by the car manufacturers as it never worked. Apple car Play and Android Auto are the only way for phone connectivity as far as I'm aware Stu.

zap

RMS Regular
‭I can replace that radio with any aftermarket unit and retain heater controls, steering wheel controls and even factory aux in.

Please call me at the shop....

Blackline Performance
‭028 9252 8248‬

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
‭I can replace that radio with any aftermarket unit and retain heater controls, steering wheel controls and even factory aux in.

Please call me at the shop....

Blackline Performance
‭028 9252 8248‬

Thank you Sir. I've a few things to sort first with other bits but I'll be in touch. (y)