2017 BMW 335d xdrive touring

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
So a BMW estate replaces a Nissan Leaf 🤣

I needed a car that does the odd long journey and tows so after looking at a few Audi SQ5's and X5's this 335d came up with a great spec and a towbar plus it turned out I knew the seller from a long time ago through work so that meant I didn't have to be wary of a bad car or bad seller, big plus 👍 I had a 335d saloon a few years ago that I bought from @SEAN G and it was a great car so I knew what I was getting albeit this was an LCI.so better. I think these are still the fastest diesel you can get with 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.

This has Harmon Karden, sunroof, performance pack, reverse camera, heated seats, adaptive suspension, adaptive headlights, heated steering wheel and a genuine M performance kit plus more.

I've already polished the exhaust trims, painted the towbar and given the engine bay some tlc but I want to spend a day or 2 getting it to my standard.

It could do with a wheel refurbishment and a new set of tyres soon but it's ok for now.

Pics just before I drove home from purchase...........

Screenshot_20221124-170849~2.png
Screenshot_20221124-170913~2.png
Screenshot_20221124-170945~2.png

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Very nice, perfect all rounder!

I plan to change my A6 to one of these next year sometime. Loved my E92 335d.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Very nice. I have the exact twin of this in a saloon, but would love the touring. Fantastic all round wagon.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
4.9 to 60? Not slow at picking up its feet!!!

Looks a really nice car! HTD!

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Do it. I got our 330d mapped to 310 by @Blackline so I’d imagine it’s around the pace your car is standard, a map on yours would leave it properly quick. They are just so effortless to drive
That's exactly who I'm looking at doing it........ should be near 400hp 🤣

I have been looking at CM wheels as well but I really like the standard wheels, they just need a refurb to make them mint. They've got the BMW diamond cut disease, the wheels on my 2018 leaf are diamond cut and they're perfect still.

richie_mck

RMS Regular

I have been looking at CM wheels as well but I really like the standard wheels, they just need a refurb to make them mint. They've got the BMW diamond cut disease, the wheels on my 2018 leaf are diamond cut and they're perfect still.

That would be some weapon 🚀

I need to get ours refurbed this winter but I think I’m going to stick with diamond cut but a set of 763m wheels would be nice

D48CE145-454E-4E1D-8C7D-9677C66EB354.jpeg

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S

Ive been considering getting mine done there (and lowering springs at the same time). Have you spoke to them yet? How much and whats the results?

That would be some weapon 🚀

I need to get ours refurbed this winter but I think I’m going to stick with diamond cut but a set of 763m wheels would be nice

View attachment 381332
That looks perfect!

zafturbo

RMS Regular
A friend has a 435x drive mapped and it is real rapid .Torque is crazy and makes for a quick car to 100.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Finally got it washed roughly today, starting to feel like mine now plus I got another set of wheels that are in much better condition than mine.

Unsure what to do with them though.

My corroded ones are 350 to refurbish and 720 for a set of Michelin P4s and it does need tyres soon.

Spent a bit of time under the back putting ACF50 on the exhaust hangers and suspension bolts as they rust and seize.

DSC_2499.JPG
DSC_2500.JPG
DSC_2501.JPG

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Finally gave the car a proper wash after a grim winter. Up until now all I've done is snow foam it and rinse as I won't put a sponge to it in the winter, there's little point as it's dark most of the time and that's when the swirls happen! It could do with a detar, compound and polish but I didn't have time.

A few points -
It's a great car
A heated steering wheel is ace
My wheels look terrible now! White worm has really set in now..........Still too soon to fit the good ones.

DSC_2571.JPG
DSC_2574.JPG
DSC_2576.JPG

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
The question is do I buy another EV, there I said it :laughing: ...................I really like the daily drive of an EV but this 335d does absolutely everything I need a car to do, tow and do the odd long run so I'd have to keep it to tow and do the odd big mile run or buy a cheaper tow car.

Tesla M3 Performance - 450hp and won't tow, but its really fast!
Polestar Pilot plus - 400hp and will tow 120 miles
Jaguar iPace - 400hp and will tow 120 miles

Id love a BMW i4 M50 but its just too new and too expensive

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Ive never been in an iPace but I should go and look at one. An orange First edition looks ace on Autotrader researching!

Really like Polestars too but I've never been in one either, Tesla alterative, hatchback and actual buttons inside but slower and rarer.

Teslas Model 3 Performance's are :poop: inside and :poop: outside but they're stupidly quick and that makes up for it 😆

Last edited: