2017 tiguan satnav update- SD card

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Had the tiguan in with VW having an approved used service, I asked them to check the satnav as it was temperamental loading up.
They want £230 to update the nav ffs
Anywhere out there that sells updated SD cards at reasonable money?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
You should be able to do it yourself for free. I updated my 2017 Golf using the VW website.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I need to do this as well to my 2014 S3 as sometimes I am in the middle of a field 🤷‍♂️

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
I updated the sat nav recently on 2017 superb through the skoda main web page. Bought a SD card to transfer the data.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
I updated the sat nav recently on 2017 superb through the skoda main web page. Bought a SD card to transfer the data.
You should be able to do it yourself for free. I updated my 2017 Golf using the VW website.

Now we're talking!!
Thank you very much gents, do I need a specific type of SD card?
Or just update the one that is already in

David19

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7. 5 GTIPP
If it's anything like a Golf you'll need to update the existing SD card as that's the only type it works with.
Lots of online help as to how is done, all very straight forward. I think VW release updated satnav info twice a year. The updated info is available on the VW website.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Not available anyway though myaudi

1686302175746.png

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Not just use Google maps via andriod auto/car play? Maps are far better anyway. That's what I do on my Tiguan. .

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
All sorted, forgot all about android auto and Google maps to be honest.
Vw main website, took about an hour to download then plug and play. Absolutely furious that agnew vw thought they'd get £239 out of me for it. Thankfully the 2 free services are finished and I'll be going elsewhere. Balaclava wearing f******

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Not just use Google maps via andriod auto/car play? Maps are far better anyway. That's what I do on my Tiguan. .

For short journeys that’s what I do l, though for longer road trips I prefer using the onboard nav because it shows in the virtual dash unlike CarPlay. Does no harm having it up to date either.

David19

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7. 5 GTIPP
I thought every one knew about the free Satnav updates from VW these days, bad show that from Agnews,def need watching.
Glad you got sorted.