2018+ BMW X1 2.0i sport owners?

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Thinking of one of these for the Mrs. 2018 >

They seem relatively rare in petrol, but she really doesn't need a diesel doing around 6k PA. Auto is a must, they look to have a DCT which should be decent.

Anyone any real world experience to share?

KevM

RMS Regular
We have an X3 2.0i in stock. We opened the bonnet to double-check the Turbo was still on the engine :eek:

The X3 really doesn't drive tremendously well in petrol, but that engine can take a monster remap apparently.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
I'd imagine the X3 would be underpowered with a 2.0i for sure.

We haven't driven an X1 as yet but hopefully should perform ok given its a good bit smaller than an X3.. Wife isn't into speeding anyway :joy:

KevM

RMS Regular
The wee 1.5 engine drives well too & returns good economy. You'd be through a fiver just to bring the 2litre up to temperature 😄

GrantR

RMS Regular
The N20 engine does respond well to a map, going from 180ish to 280ish if one is so inclined to do those things 😅

Same engine in @Ben P car albeit in different state of tune from factory.

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
The N20 engine does respond well to a map, going from 180ish to 280ish if one is so inclined to do those things 😅

Same engine in @Ben P car albeit in different state of tune from factory.
Would a 2018 car not be a B46 or B48, the same as comes in the MINI’s as if I remember right the X1 shares a platform with the Countryman.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
My brother has a 220i active tourer, it goes ok with the standard power, but what a difference a map would make 😮

IMG_9353.jpeg

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
I believe the gearbox is the 7dct300. All the info I have comes from the MINI side so it could be slightly wrong or different but there are people in the MINI forums from the states that have 400nm going through it and it seems ok- just wears the clutches quicker. I have it in my current Countryman with the B48 - standard it’s around the 178-180hp mark and I find it great as a daily driver and with the DCT the car seems quicker than my last car which was a manual Clubman with the same engine but was sitting at 193ish hp.