2019 Lotus Elise 220 Sport

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I've always had an idea of a polycarbonate roof panel so on cool days the roof can be taken off and the cabin is a bit more pleasant. It will close in some of the roof area in the same way of a T bar roof.

The panel is ordered, this idea could be a very stupid one 🤔 will see.

It's first MOT is next week too.......

Are you worried about the MOT guys lifting it on the ramp? I know Elises don't have normal jacking points?

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Are you worried about the MOT guys lifting it on the ramp? I know Elises don't have normal jacking points?
Hadn't thought too much about that, actually thought more about how an average build MOT inspector is going to get in and out without scuffing the car. Years back I took a Westfield to MOT and the guy wouldn't even attempt to get in and got me to drive it through with a hi Viz on and my harness 😆

Re jacking........They have stickers on the floor to show where they can be lifted, it's just then if their lift can get to those points.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
In all the years Princess has never been lifted at MoT. It's impossible, and they know it. It's pretty obvious there is nothing but air and a bit of fibreglass at the back. It has never been a problem. They don't need to lift them, all checks can be done on the turn plates.

They do have jack points for post lifts, stands, etc, but at the back they are inboard and you need to remove the undertrays to get to them.

They do have a central lift point on either side for trolleys, that lift a whole side at a time. But they obviously don't work with lifts.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Not sure but I'll get it road tested soon, I'm thinking a bit of tint would be better, I'll see. It pops in and out as roof panel and the roof goes over it fine.

DSC_3187.JPG
DSC_3188.JPG

SoobyDoobyDo

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy gt
That things a sight -beautiful car! Always liked Lotus. I’d love to be able to drive one sometime just to experience it. Pls feel free to share more pictures! And who needs a heater? Just get a warm hat and good coat, keep that roof open. Almost like a bike….😁