205 power steering

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

nav man

anyone ever put power steering into a 205 base model?

I know some of the gti's and Dturbo's had it but the subframe is different on them.

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
yeah the (Phase 1.5) 1.9 GTis onwards had power steering, it was retro fitted to the 1.6 GTi by a lot of guys over the water. My Mi16 had a power steering rack but there was no roof ofr the pump so i basically had a 'quick rack'.

Not sure about fitting it to a base model, i'm asssuming you are talking about a TU engined car? Like you said, the subframes were slightly different for the XU and TU but i think the fitting of the XU subframe would solve the problem and the subframes aren't 'that' different as i remember someone fitting a Mi16 into an XS using the TU subframe and they only had to modify one of the engine mounts (think it was the top one one the left hand side of the engine bay)

Johnski

RMS Regular
nav man said:
anyone ever put power steering into a 205 base model?

I know some of the gti's and Dturbo's had it but the subframe is different on them.

Who needs power steering anyway.....(y) ....lol i wouldn't mind power steering in my pug but i've got used to it, it would be handy for turning and parking as the steering is quite poor.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.