21yr old caught doing 154mph...only banned for 56 days

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Does a sat nav give a true reading of mph,reason of asking my car exactly same reading on clocks as the sat nav,same sat nav in brothers car n his clock reading 60mph n sat nav reading 65?

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Not telling what speed I have done, but on a 27 mile stretch of the M6 I used 3/4 of a tank of petrol in the Fiesta

aid1257882-728px-Siphon-Gas-Step-18.jpg

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Does a sat nav give a true reading of mph,reason of asking my car exactly same reading on clocks as the sat nav,same sat nav in brothers car n his clock reading 60mph n sat nav reading 65?
I've used running and cycling garmins respectively for years and never doubted the pace/speed. According to my Garmin Nuvi yesterday the car is over-reading 4-5mph which I would believe.

I guess I could check it on a cycling garmin too

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I've used running and cycling garmins respectively for years and never doubted the pace/speed. According to my Garmin Nuvi yesterday the car is over-reading 4-5mph which I would believe.

I guess I could check it on a cycling garmin too

As long as the Sat Nav has good line of sight, no buildings, trees etc etc then it should be pretty good. But sat nav's are usually very slow to respond simply from having cheap/slow gps sensors in them as it's all they need, maybe 1-2Hz
Not an issue for most vehicles though.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
that calibration myth is just that.

Seems absolutely mental though,so yes you shouldn't be speeding blah blah BUT say it's the day before the machine is to be calibrated you could potentially lose the books for 102mph if caught on radar and when In fact you might of been doing 99mph.

Calibration is just a sheet of paper to say parameters of equipment were spot on on day of test, I know the equipment I use in work can run off by a few degrees whilst in service which is why I carry confirmation blocks as to verify and correct any deterioration before use.

Really quite shocked and surprised by this!

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
Seems absolutely mental though,so yes you shouldn't be speeding blah blah BUT say it's the day before the machine is to be calibrated you could potentially lose the books for 102mph if caught on radar and when In fact you might of been doing 99mph.

Calibration is just a sheet of paper to say parameters of equipment were spot on on day of test, I know the equipment I use in work can run off by a few degrees whilst in service which is why I carry confirmation blocks as to verify and correct any deterioration before use.

Really quite shocked and surprised by this!

I totally agree but maybe those speed guns don't require it.
*disclaimer, I am not a peeler lol

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
I totally agree but maybe those speed guns don't require it.
*disclaimer, I am not a peeler lol

The Breathalyzer is calibrated and the gun does be calibrated...apparently. Was told how it was done one day and it would be make you argue anytime you were stopped tbh.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.