I think I have a problem.

That is all, enjoy!
20210505_091501.jpg

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Good to see another mk2 Polo on herešŸ˜Ž
If you need any spares give me a shout and il try get you sorted. Got a frsh MOT on mine on monday so will get it taxed this week.
Good luck with it.

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
Good to see another mk2 Polo on herešŸ˜Ž
If you need any spares give me a shout and il try get you sorted. Got a frsh MOT on mine on monday so will get it taxed this week.
Good luck with it.
Outstanding lad.. I'm gonna compile a list of whats needed.

Defo need Radiator, Hot Air Hose and Coolant Hose (if that makes sense) so far.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
@vw1500 is going to **** himself
You under estimate me :laughing:

Cool that a wee RXI Polo found it's way back to Belfast, that'll be a cracking wee daily, really easily run!

More pics :cool:
Outstanding lad.. I'm gonna compile a list of whats needed.

Defo need Radiator, Hot Air Hose and Coolant Hose (if that makes sense) so far.
I was told to get hot air hose off brickworks for the correct diameter, it was tight getting it on. GSF do discount codes for online, I got a rad in August was around Ā£25 or less for a Nissens one. Is it just the hose going from expansion tank to the rad?

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Really anal, but looks like it has a GT/saloon front drivers wheel, it'll be 5.5" and the rest are 4.5" but might have a different tyre size..........like I said anal :laughing: but might affect driving a wee bit. You'd know to look at it as the centre of the wheel sits flush with the rim whereas the standard wheel sits out a bit. They're quite hard to come by.

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
You under estimate me :laughing:

Cool that a wee RXI Polo found it's way back to Belfast, that'll be a cracking wee daily, really easily run!

More pics :cool:

I was told to get hot air hose off brickworks for the correct diameter, it was tight getting it on. GSF do discount codes for online, I got a rad in August was around Ā£25 or less for a Nissens one. Is it just the hose going from expansion tank to the rad?
Brickworks, I'm on it!

Radiator, on it!

Hot Air Hose, errr... I'm in work, can't even remember but thankfully I took some general pics earlier today. It's the one with the silver tape on it lol

Attachments

• 20210505_102637.jpg
    20210505_102637.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 84

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
Just picked these up last night with a massive thanks to @Ghisallo and his dad!!

Cannot wait to see them back to their former glory and make his old man happy knowing they are still in use to this day, and loved!

This act alone speaks volumes for the community on here!
IMG-20210507-WA0002.jpeg

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
That'll look great :cool: can't find any pics of Mk2 breadies with them so it'll stand out, near sure it's 165/60/14 tyres you'll need as opposed to 185s

You'll need to change your avatar :grinning:

Martyn

RMS Regular
Love the Breadvan.... My first car was a 1987 red breadvan polo that my dad had owned and i loved it.

I wanted to keep it but due to lack of space sold it for Ā£1000 at the time. It was totally immaculate.

My run-around is now a 2009 polo, again a car my dad had owned and I get great joy in diving it.

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
Following. Love these wee breadvans (y)
As with the Jetta, it was an unexpected love story here... this rime last year I was driving a mk6 1.6tdi Golf, then came a proper Golf, the white GTI. (The VW bug has clearly set it)

Then I went out to look at a Corsa one day, for my niece and seen the Jetta on the sellers driveway..

... few days later, and lots of drooling 9
over them on Google and texts with the owner, it was mine...

Then @vw1500 pointed me towards that wee polo.

it's also a 1990 on a local reg, and it's white!

It was a no brainer!!

To be continued....

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
OK so its not perfect, nor finished...

But anyway, I've decided to turn it into a little van lol (its my first ever attempt at any thing like this, don't judge too harshly lol)

Some wood, cheap vinyl, foam floor tiles and a few free hours later... we have the beginnings of a van!!

Also, where can I get some of that speaker box carpet stuff locally? I hate waiting on deliveries and would love to do it all again with that stuff instead using the knowledged gained and wood I've already cut because vinyl is a bollox and looks a bit crap lol

Attachments

• 20210518_123559.jpg
    20210518_123559.jpg
    503.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 20210517_212322.jpg
    20210517_212322.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 69

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Thats what ive done to my daily driver 6n2 Polo and its best mod.
I just ordered the carpet online, ot only took afew days to arrive.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
OK so its not perfect, nor finished...

But anyway, I've decided to turn it into a little van lol (its my first ever attempt at any thing like this, don't judge too harshly lol)

Some wood, cheap vinyl, foam floor tiles and a few free hours later... we have the beginnings of a van!!

Also, where can I get some of that speaker box carpet stuff locally? I hate waiting on deliveries and would love to do it all again with that stuff instead using the knowledged gained and wood I've already cut because vinyl is a bollox and looks a bit crap lol

Iā€™ve a big bag of assorted off cuts of veltrim carpet, left over from doing many van linings...how much do you need?