2wd & 4wd classes for Aghadowey DRAG RACING

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
As previously stated in an early post, the format of our events will develop. This may have seemed like an obvious decision from the beginning but realistically we did need to get the thing off the ground first before we started to split the entry list into classes.

As of our next meeting on Sat.12th FEB the drag strip competition will be separated into 2 classes, for 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive cars. As before it will be a knockout competition with the winners of each round staying on. (The losers just have to take their beating and try again next time!)

There will be a prize for the winner of each class and then a head to head just for the fun of it. Entry fee remains at only £10, winner of each class gets £30. Winner of head-to-head gets a trophy.

The cars entered for this part of the event will have their own concrete-surfaced paddock. The enclosure behind the gravel trap at the beginning of the main straight will be reserved for this purpose only. This way you all get to show your cars AND keep your tyres clean!

For the Track-Day and Drag Strip entries: It is a condition of entry that you must show your driving licence. Failure to do so will result in your entry being rejected. So to avoid disappointment BRING THE THING WITH YOU!

TRACK-DAY from 11am to 1pm so those wishing to participate in this part of the event should arrive early to register.The earlier you come the better! (Its a man's world afterall!)

To help ease congestion at the point of registration entry forms for the drag strip will not be accepted until after 1.30pm.

One more thing: our events are alcohol free zones IE No alcohol allowed on the premises. It is our aim to provide a forum for all car enthusiasts to enjoy a good day's craic without any unpleasantries. So, lets all work together on this one.

More news will follow as it comes to me. In the mean time, keep er between the hedges. 8)

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
I didn't do too badly against it the last time. That car is an absolute animal though.

Phil-Ray

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Fiesta
what engine does the metro have?

engine size would also be a good way to get it into rough groups cus the fiesta could be up aganst a civic type r or something like that (if i entered)

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
OP
SideWaysWayne
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
SideWaysWayne said:
As previously stated in an early post, the format of our events will develop. This may have seemed like an obvious decision from the beginning but realistically we did need to get the thing off the ground first before we started to split the entry list into classes.quote]

As the number of entries increases we will be able to classify the cars better. Leave it to me. I'LL KEEP YE RITE!

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
nivermind said:
what engine does the metro have?

engine size would also be a good way to get it into rough groups cus the fiesta could be up aganst a civic type r or something like that (if i entered)

The Metro is a 1.8 16v. Changing the engine back to the original 1.4 16v to go hillclimbing. Plan is to get another good shell and fit the 1.8 into it, lighten it, get the power up a bit and use it for track days and 1/4 miles.

the no.1 batman

RMS Regular
Drives
bike
yea i was well impressed with your metro lad serious power for a car like that and you were still only about a car and a half away from that capri which i thought was mental imo.

i think you could really pull the crowds if you get more big motas.Maybe timing gear in the near future with all the money your making on entry fees wayne ;) 8) .

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
IMO theres a hell of alot of potential for this race series/drag racing events. The racing itself was great, and the drag strip was good too. Maybe try and attract a bit of sponsorship from businesses in the Coleraine/Ballymoney area.

Heñdy

RMS Regular
Sounds like fun anywayz..

Might try and get up for the crack, get my assed kicked first round. lol

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
OP
SideWaysWayne
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
Absolutely guys. With several rounds over us (that depends on no eejits spoiling it!) I will look into getting timing gear. At this early stage however, with limited light being one of our opposing factors we have to get the competition run quickly and this is the only way to do that. (No, night races are unfortunately not an option. Shame.)

I would still be keen to run the thing as a knockout comp. though. Makes it more of a visual thing rather than just against the clock. I reckon with guys like you on board this could be a really good thing. Remember though, it IS just for the craic.

Glad u liked the race program metro1800. We really do have some seriously good pilots out there.

Those dates again are: Sat 12th FEB, 19th MAR, 16th APR, 14th MAY.

We will have more dates from end of March on. The owners have not booked anything for anyone for the rest of the year yet. They were very happy how we ran our 1st event there and are very keen to have us back.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.