my 205 gti. New pics!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

neil205

RMS Regular
Drives
Cupra
i inherited this car in 2005 after my friend died, i plan to keep it for a very long time and have recently treated it to lots of new bits, at the minute its getting a full respray , its got all new bumper fittings, red inserts, gear knob/gaitor, heating system, 2nd hand rear beam etc etc etc, charged the battery after not having it running for ages and it started and ran like a dream... anyways, the pics arent great but heres a couple, will show the finished product in a couple of weeks

does anyone know how hard it is to fit a carpet to them? its not an origional one because they dont make them anymore

Attachments

• 201 1.jpg
    201 1.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 205 2.jpg
    205 2.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 205 5.jpg
    205 5.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 126

neil205

RMS Regular
OP
neil205
Drives
Cupra
heres one of it before it got taken apart! was in great condition but far from perfect

Attachments

• DSC00001.jpg
    DSC00001.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 228

clinky

RMS Regular
Looks well lad love these motors RCT is the man for parts to if your in need any.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
always loved pauls 205, great to see it still being taken care of neil (y)

pablo

RMS Moderator
Excellent mate, its what they all need. Any not given a full respray are showing the signs (my own included :worried:)

neil205

RMS Regular
OP
neil205
Drives
Cupra
thanks everyone , alot of 205 nuts hate the bumpers black (grey initially) but mine have been done and i think its gonna look really sharp (and also it was alot cheaper than the alternative of buying a whole new bumper set!)

Big Andy

RMS Regular
Drives
Peugeot
Really like this Neil. Great way to remember your friend to.. The carpet should be handy enough to fit. Use old carpet as a template and a good sharp blade.You can get spray glue from Will Culls in Bangor.. I used it for a head cloth and triming my dash board

For new carpets for the Mini was £70 enough said!! I bought and under liner carpet stuff to quieten it down was really cheap..

neil205

RMS Regular
OP
neil205
Drives
Cupra
cheers mate, fancy doing it for me? :grinning: i can get the carpet from autofive in england its stitched but not moulded aparently 140quid delivered i think, would really improve the inside

neil205

RMS Regular
OP
neil205
Drives
Cupra
prob yea but its unlikely to be beter than the one ive got ! just want one that looks brand new

LewB

RMS Regular
love the 205gti, looks great in the before picture, will it be going back to that after the rebuild?

neil205

RMS Regular
OP
neil205
Drives
Cupra
yea pretty much, the car will have loads of standard origional parts, the only non standard things are lowerage and exhaust, k and n and cd player. it runs soo well but im gonna replace all the coolant and breather and water oil etc pipes, they are all twisted and might not be doing it any favours

DaveM-sport

Drives
BMWs
Nice project!

Fella I know is completely rebuilding one with an Mi16
Brilliant cars to drive too. Don't think there is any car with under 150bhp thats as fun to drive as a 205GTi

neil205

RMS Regular
OP
neil205
Drives
Cupra
my s3 would smoke it but if i give you a drive in both you would swear the 205 was quicker , thats the fun of 8valve, instant grunt

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Good to see your not cutting any corners Neil, will be worth it in the end (y)

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
lovely motors one of my all time favourites and what better way to remember your friend ... i hope all go,s to plan

health to fix up/drive/and remember

DaveM-sport

Drives
BMWs
my s3 would smoke it but if i give you a drive in both you would swear the 205 was quicker , thats the fun of 8valve, instant grunt

Yep, blasting down a back-road in a 205 is one of the most enjoyable things in the world as you can feel like your on the limit and going at silly speeds while the speedo may not be much more than the speed limit if over it at all

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.