my 205 gti. New pics!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

neil205

RMS Regular
OP
neil205
Drives
Cupra
sweet, lucky you. what are you going to use it for? everyday? sunday car or trackdays?

banzai g

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3/K7gsxr 10
sweet, lucky you. what are you going to use it for? everyday? sunday car or trackdays?

Its just going be a sunday car !!!!!! ;)
The car when totally finished is going be in show condition !!!!!!
The paintjob is flawless.,all exterior parts are new !!!!!!!
Ive been kinda lucky the way the car appeared, the fella that owned it ran out of money and lost interest.
As it sits ,its oweing the fella £4700.
Lets just say i got it for a good price.:p

richystran

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 avant 3.0 tdi
Cheers mate,
Keep the updates coming on yours !!!!!!!!!!!!!;)
Get some pics up mate! White is the best colour in my opinion, thats 3 whites so far on this site, anyone got anymore white ones? Mine is still being worked upon still looking a drivers door!
Hopefully be ready for april/may time as i might be planning a trip to nurbergring in her,if she makes it lol:laughing:

RCT

RMS Regular
Ill have pics up later !!!! Picking car up today .
All being well ill have the car on the road shortly after Xmas .;)

Wait until most of the salt is off the roads and they aren't as greasy March/april time(y).

kieran 205

RMS Member
Get some pics up mate! White is the best colour in my opinion, thats 3 whites so far on this site, anyone got anymore white ones? Mine is still being worked upon still looking a drivers door!
Hopefully be ready for april/may time as i might be planning a trip to nurbergring in her,if she makes it lol:laughing:

Four i have a white 1.6
DSC02571.jpg

neil205

RMS Regular
OP
neil205
Drives
Cupra
flip., that looks very clean and original, i forgot how high up they were!

richystran

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 avant 3.0 tdi
Nice kieran, nice 1.6! Mines obviously been lowered at some point yours sits very high compaired to mine!

neil205

RMS Regular
OP
neil205
Drives
Cupra
ok, paint job nearly finished, just need glass put on and a quick polish probably, once again, sorry for the crap pics...

Attachments

• 205gti 1.jpg
    205gti 1.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 80
  • 205gti 2.jpg
    205gti 2.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 76

richystran

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 avant 3.0 tdi
Nice neil, wish i had the funds to really get stuck into mine, how much was the spray job if you dont mind me asking? Im liking the half grey/dark grey seats! Is the dash grey too? What year is she 1989/90? Sorry for all the question lol!

neil205

RMS Regular
OP
neil205
Drives
Cupra
my 205 gti NEW PICS

yea i think the dash is grey, its an 89. the spray was 1500 and i spent a couple of hundred on red bits and bolts etc to make it all fit nice and snug, the shell was pretty good but there was different bits and pieces that neede fixed, welded, shotblasted etc, that also included getting the bumpers smoothed and painted

DaveM-sport

Drives
BMWs
Looks sweet!

I'd love to get a 1.9van towards the end of next year for in and out to college and tearing around so the E30 won't be wreaked rushing about on ****ty roads.

Will drive the standard engine into the ground and then rob the front end and rear arb off a 306 D-turbo or get a HDi lump for it:cool:

Will put all the GTi bits on like the bumpers, trims and some shadow-chrom 1.9 wheels...... and then I won't want to drive it as a work van anymore as it'll look too nice, haha

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Looks sweet!

I'd love to get a 1.9van towards the end of next year for in and out to college and tearing around so the E30 won't be wreaked rushing about on ****ty roads.

Back in the day you could spec the 205 van with the full GTi from the factory.

neil car looks really well. Saw it in person the other week when I was down seeing John about doing a few bits and bobs to my car

DaveM-sport

Drives
BMWs
Back in the day you could spec the 205 van with the full GTi from the factory.

neil car looks really well. Saw it in person the other week when I was down seeing John about doing a few bits and bobs to my car

Yeah... but theres an old fella with a white van only up the road thats in ok nick bodywise that I'm biding my time to offer him a 100 quid for when he can't drive anymore.

Rear beam bushings etc are in ****e and few other bits will need doing but its perfect for what I'm looking for.
I'll get all the GTI bits handy enough... I'll just go rooting in some ditches for bits that were left behind over the years from the rear ends going walkabout:laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.