90's car under £70k

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
bmw-m5-m5-S2382669-1.jpg

Yes.

Probably the most overhyped car ever. Was seriously underwhelmed driving one.

Conor

RMS Regular
Finding it really difficult to think past the E30 M3 now it's been suggested! I would say a GT/turbo 993 or 964 of some kind if there were any chance you'd get one for under £70k.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
The Toyota Carina e. (preferably lean burn). Japanese reliability with Italian flair. The Japs answer to the Maserati quattroporte. Spacious, stylish and when the second set of 8 valves kick in you need to be holding on with 2 hands. Cat d ones are now sub 70k, insurance will laugh at anyone sub 30 tho. I realised the dream back in March. Hope never to be forced to sell it until I need a retirement pot.

2cckpah.jpg

Conor

RMS Regular
The Toyota Carina e. (preferably lean burn). Japanese reliability with Italian flair. The Japs answer to the Maserati quattroporte. Spacious, stylish and when the second set of 8 valves kick in you need to be holding on with 2 hands. Cat d ones are now sub 70k, insurance will laugh at anyone sub 30 tho. I realised the dream back in March. Hope never to be forced to sell it until I need a retirement pot.

2cckpah.jpg

They always looked well in the Toyota Individual Mature Pink. Some say those pink editions used to be red but everyone knows that's urban myth.

d200b0dee77aaec852060174533d11a6.jpg
IMG_0565_zps1d891385.jpg

$_86.JPG

IMG_0565_zps1d891385.jpg

colin84

RMS Regular
I misread it as your childhood poster car lol. Anyway never much cared for ferraris etc growing up. This car probably would have been it for me, twin turbo manual of course. Hard to believe it was originally launched 23 years ago.

1994_Toyota_Supra_Twin_Turbo_For_Sale_Front_resize.jpg

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth

I came home from working in Libya as a 21 year old with £45k in my pocket, I knew the then (2008) £35,000 Ferrari 355 would be a sound investment being the last of the pop-up headlight etc but no, I did the wise thing & threw it at my £90k mortgage. The apartment lost £20k in the crash & F355s can't be got for less then £70k.

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
I came home from working in Libya as a 21 year old with £45k in my pocket, I knew the then (2008) £35,000 Ferrari 355 would be a sound investment being the last of the pop-up headlight etc but no, I did the wise thing & threw it at my £90k mortgage. The apartment lost £20k in the crash & F355s can't be got for less then £70k.

What do you do again..... haha

PeteMoore

RMS Regular

Same here, came out of the RAF with a nice little nest egg of about £60k saved, had bought an apartment off the plans and made £30k on it in a matter of months, never stepped foot inside the place.

Now, I could have invested in another property, perhaps even a nice stock portfolio, but rebuilding a DC2 and spending a year in expensive rental properties, partying and eating takeaway was much more appealing. One of those times I wish I had of had @Lyons on my shoulder :p

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Oh I would buy a good few for that money, 90s japanese cars were amazing. Where do you start - NSX, S2000, DC2, EK9, also Supra, Skyline. Golden era of Japan!

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Supras and Skylines. Love both equally. Can't pick which.

How much would a Tommykaira ZZII cost? :grinning:

RevT

RMS Regular
R32 GTR, R34 GTR and if there was any change I'd buy a Supra for good measures. I'm not sure what either of them are making at the minute though, just pulled rough numbers out of my head of around £30Kish for R34 and £20Kish each for R32 and Supra?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That's not too bad really considering the price of other older cars these days.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.