91 Saab 900 Turbo

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
Drives
Italian
Finally scratched an itch that has been annoying me a long time and bought a 900 Turbo last week just outside Torquey. Guy was brilliant and had taken loads of photos plus vid walk around and it was exactly as he described. We came home via Wales and over the Snowdonia mountains. The roads where class and not a single pothole in sight. Drove flawlessly all the way home.
It's a 91 full pressure turbo with a load of history, on its original paint (well I think the passenger door has had a lick at some point), floors pretty much all replaced at huge cost and has 205,000 miles clocked up. And yes I think the BBS's are replicas (don't know why people are keen to know about that one).

The plan is to do as little as possible to it and drive it pretty much as my daily swapping it with the Scimitar now and then.

900 just bought 2024.jpeg

900 snowdonia on why home.jpeg

900 snowdonia on why home 2.jpeg

900 when advertised 8.jpeg

900 when advertised 11.jpeg

900 when advertised 5.jpeg

So took it o the Downroyal show on Sunday as I'd booked last year then it was cancelled. Was surprised at the interest.

900 downroyal 2024.jpeg

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Finally scratched an itch that has been annoying me a long time and bought a 900 Turbo last week just outside Torquey. Guy was brilliant and had taken loads of photos plus vid walk around and it was exactly as he described. We came home via Wales and over the Snowdonia mountains. The roads where class and not a single pothole in sight. Drove flawlessly all the way home.
It's a 91 full pressure turbo with a load of history, on its original paint (well I think the passenger door has had a lick at some point), floors pretty much all replaced at huge cost and has 205,000 miles clocked up. And yes I think the BBS's are replicas (don't know why people are keen to know about that one).

The plan is to do as little as possible to it and drive it pretty much as my daily swapping it with the Scimitar now and then.

View attachment 432439

View attachment 432440

View attachment 432441

View attachment 432442

View attachment 432443

View attachment 432444

So took it o the Downroyal show on Sunday as I'd booked last year then it was cancelled. Was surprised at the interest.

View attachment 432445
I passed you on the M1 southbound on Tuesday evening, just past the Applegreen!

Was trying to catch your eye to give you a thumbs up, the car looks incredible on the move. Looks so clean

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I seen one of the lads from J&G share a picture of this on Facebook it looks a real clean and tidy example I am sure its a real nice place to be.

If they where Real BBS they would be worth a lot of money hence why people are possibly asking the question never the less they look at home on the car.

Health to Enjoy.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
This is lovely, had a good look round it at Down Royal, didn't realise you owned it!

Still a great looking car IMO

Bryan

RMS Regular
This is super cool. I've recently bought a Saab 99 but it's not a turbo. Very quirky design indeed.

Andy55

RMS Regular
Great buy. Always liked these although Iā€™d have it on the original 3 spoke wheels.
Are they laggy coming on boost?

Bryan

RMS Regular
It's nothing special really. I have managed to get it running now working on clutch to get it moving then on to brakes. It's 1983 and has disk brakes all round. I didn't really like it when I first got it but after working on it and admiring the engineering behind it I have really grown to like it.

Attachments

• 20240425_181113.jpg
    20240425_181113.jpg
    717.9 KB · Views: 0

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
Love these, I was admiring it on Sunday. I knew a chap had one back in the late 90s, it had been breathed on to say the least and was very, very rapid.

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
It's nothing special really. I have managed to get it running now working on clutch to get it moving then on to brakes. It's 1983 and has disk brakes all round. I didn't really like it when I first got it but after working on it and admiring the engineering behind it I have really grown to like it.
Aww man that is class looking. looking forward to seeing that one on the road.

And you've an old JCB !
looks great, any plan to change the wheels?
Nope, really happy with them and the proper ones are to expensive now to buy.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
@Maranellohouse This is superb.

Really love the 900 turbo and that looks a great example. Was the highlight of the Down Royal photos imo!

This is interesting!! So was that the 99 that was in Copart recently alongside a second red 99, which is now in my possession and was actually my fathers car from new in 1984 til 1992ish?

I'd love to find out the story behind these two abandoned near identical 99s. You should start a thread on this.

Mine: https://rmsmotoring.com/forum/threads/today-i-bought.172567/post-4058582

Last edited: