919 Evo ring' laptime

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Anyone see that the 919 Evo might be able to do a full lap of the ring' in under 5 minutes? or very low 5s?

The wife and I saw the 919 at Silverstone a few years ago but this is a completely different beast!

Cannot wait to see the record attempt.

Here is the Spa vs 2017 F1 lap

stevyg

RMS Regular
Amazing but probably worth noting that to get those times they completely de-restricted the 919 to show what it's capable of, so that's not its race legal spec. I'm sure if you done the same to the F1 car, it would be much quicker.

adam1942

RMS Regular
OP
adam1942
Drives
2015 F56
Yeah most certainly the F1 car would destroy it if de-restricted on most tracks however I dont agree that the F1 car would beat it on the ring... Look at how high the 919 Evo is they had to raise it super high.. The bumps and curves I'm not sure an F1 car would destroy it on the ring considering they have no real suspension that compresses its just the tyre.

I just love seeing a car destroy a lap time - sure isn't that what most manufactures do Subaru, Seat and Honda I think? all made special versions of their road cars to beat the times.

RoniN

RMS Regular
Bmw Sauber lapped the ring with Nick Heidfeld but didn't complete the full Nordschleife.

Cheers

adam1942

RMS Regular
OP
adam1942
Drives
2015 F56
@RoniN thats perfect you can see where he has to slow due to the bumpiness of the track

@gpaevo I just want to see it monster the record. The speed it can go round that first corner is very telling. Saw them a few years back with the wife @ Silverstone and they where amazing out of the corners. I can only imagine what it looks like in real life now when its pumped up to 150%

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Serious pace. Watching that video is like watching any one of the hundreds of Ring videos I've seen with a GTR or Ferrari or something equally quick - but with the video sped up x 2

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
It's one of the most impressive things I have ever seen in my life! (Not the mock video above might I add :joy:)

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
That is just bonkers. Hitting well over 2 ton at the flugplatz where if we're doing near 150 the butt cheeks are like two coats of paint!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.