997.2 Carrera

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
As long as they don’t need their legs!
Granted if the seat is the full way back there isn't much room for legs. My nephew is 16 and was in the back of my car last weekend with no issue (he's about 5ft 10). I'm not tall though lol

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I just use Bubble Bum booster seats for the 2 kids in the back of the Porsche. Cheap and handy to keep in the frunk. My two are 5 and 8 though.

Wouldn't want to try and get a baby seat or child seat in, tried that in the E92 years ago and it's doable but not worth it

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Had Jnr in the 911 for the first time on Sunday, thanks to @KeithRobinson for the recommendation on car seat.

032848CE-7077-4DD9-8190-E67DB5383F3B.jpeg

B843DED5-A95C-4E34-86EE-AAA0A80FA7D6.jpeg

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
I’ve had this over 3 years now, but haven’t had much time to use it with a 13 month old son. I haven’t even covered 3k miles since the last MOT!

I keep having thoughts about changing, but there is nothing else of interest apart from another 911, and to get into anything I want it’s the price of two of these 😫

So the plan is to get another suitable baby seat for the back so I can get Junior in the back this summer .

AE6B9B19-8044-41D5-99B5-E04B6E501DB3.jpeg

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
I’ve had this over 3 years now, but haven’t had much time to use it with a 13 month old son. I haven’t even covered 3k miles since the last MOT!

I keep having thoughts about changing, but there is nothing else of interest apart from another 911, and to get into anything I want it’s the price of two of these 😫

So the plan is to get another suitable baby seat for the back so I can get Junior in the back this summer .

View attachment 396262
I have just such a seat available 😉

davyk31

RMS Regular
Probably best with a good pro detailer as the base preparation and removal of any defects needs done first before the Can Coat applied to get the best results

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Probably best with a good pro detailer as the base preparation and removal of any defects needs done first before the Can Coat applied to get the best results

Exactly, the application of it is the easy bit, the time and effort is in the prep. That’s the bit that helps the end result.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Bit of an update on the old Beetle.

Rear near side tail light has developed the dreaded condensation issue and starting playing up. So I have a pair of new items to fit and will stick the old ones on eBay, the driver side is fine but I want both to match.

Rear tyres had plenty of meat on them, but 4 years on and they have started to crack on the inside. So two new PS4S ordered last week that I need to get fitted.

Slight issue is that it seems to be suffering from the dreaded high pressure fuel pump failure. It went into limp mode a couple of weeks ago and now won’t even run. I had the fault cleared but went to start it on Thursday evening and it just kept dying after a couple of seconds. Booked into Porsche but the part is on back order with no ETA.

IMG_6378.jpeg

4bc4f39d-9a6c-4fe1-9eb7-826eeb0fabd5.jpeg

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Hopefully fuel pump comes through over winter…. Be worse if that hit middle of spring/summer!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Collected today by Mark from Total Perfection with his awesome trailer. Off to Porsche Belfast for a new high pressure fuel pump to be fitted.

Two new tail lights and new Michelin PS4S sitting ready to go on when I get it back.

Haven’t driven it in almost two months and really miss it!

IMG_7835.jpeg

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
awesome looking trailer........... car will be happy its away from the salt anyways..... be all set for spring weather around the corner !

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Collected yesterday from Porsche Belfast, finally.

When it was in and the back end stripped out to get at the fuel pump, they noticed the heat shield attached to the engine cradle was badly corroded, so that needed replaced too.

It’s driving like a new car now, the fuel pump must’ve been on its way out for ages as it’s never felt as sharp. It used to hesitate when you nailed it in a high gear at low revs, which is apparently a sign that the fuel pump is faulty.

It’s great to get back behind the wheel of it properly for the first time in ages.

New tyres and tail lights this week, then MOT.

IMG_8610.jpeg