a-kem automotive

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Damn you @Big Pimp with your fancy products lol.
Stuck with my order now.
Do i get Ultragloss or hybrid?
I always just misted my car all over with ultragloss after a wash and gave it a quick rinse. I never rub it in. Is that wrong?
Have 2 full bottles of Sonax bsd to use so maybe I should hold back on the hybrid.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
First wash since Dubshed, Ultra Foam and Ultra Gloss used, just for a quick wash and gloss. I find that the Ultra Gloss really enhances the wax shine. Very happy that Ross’s foam does not remove wax and next time I wash it, when I’ve more time I’ll be trying the little samples of your new gleam and the purge so will let you know how I get on with those.

q66w58.jpg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Damn you @Big Pimp with your fancy products lol.
Stuck with my order now.
Do i get Ultragloss or hybrid?
I always just misted my car all over with ultragloss after a wash and gave it a quick rinse. I never rub it in. Is that wrong?
Have 2 full bottles of Sonax bsd to use so maybe I should hold back on the hybrid.
UltraGloss will always have its place as a quick hydrophobic rinse after normal washing to get rid of water quickly and enhance the depth of shine etc.

If you have time to dry the car after (and whether or not UltraGloss has been used) a quick mist of Hybrid and buff off with a dedicated towel will leave you in awe at how a product like hybrid can do what it does just so easily!

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
UltraGloss will always have its place as a quick hydrophobic rinse after normal washing to get rid of water quickly and enhance the depth of shine etc.

If you have time to dry the car after (and whether or not UltraGloss has been used) a quick mist of Hybrid and buff off with a dedicated towel will leave you in awe at how a product like hybrid can do what it does just so easily!

307CA3F8-3076-4874-B575-6B1E4CBA1BD6.jpeg

The water behaviour is amazing and it’s so easy to put on and take off.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
1AA3E547-04B7-4EA0-B4E6-1C8FB22B6AC4.jpeg
The more I use Purge the more I love it! Need to get more but both mine and my wife’s wheels will now only need a light spray from now on.

After the calipers seized on the wife’s Touran, they were coated in baked on rust and brake dust, a liberal application of Purge left for about twenty mins soon cleaned them up!

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Yep, maybe overkill but the more lubrication the better. Most the snow foam had run off by the time I’d the bucket filled and ready to sponge.

Totally agree do it the same way, the only thing I do different is once the articulate is on a few minutes I spray snowfoam over it, let it dwell, rinse and reapply snowfoam.

Reactions: Ben

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
ok, so on a slightly different note, i am thinking about adding on a couple of packs onto my site - a wash pack and drying towel is likely a given, but when it comes to the 'starter' ranges, i have had quite a few asking about tyre dressings and the new hybrid etc

What would you like in a pack if you could choose?

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I would do a basic wash pack and then a complete wash pack.

Basic - articulate, ultra foam, Gleam and ultra gloss.
Complete - same as above but with the addition of hybrid.

Basic wash mitt pack - 2 x mitts
Complete - Include the plush drying towel.

Interior pack - trim, scent and clear view pack.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
The packs are a great idea. I got one initially to sample the various products. Now I know how good they are I order 5Ls etc as it’s much better value and keeps me stocked up for longer :cool:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, maybe overkill but the more lubrication the better. Most the snow foam had run off by the time I’d the bucket filled and ready to sponge.

Ah, got you. I do Articulate and foam together, power wash, then Gleam from a bucket.

If I have foam on the car when getting the sponge out then it leaves a right old mess, but never tried using Gleam and foam together. Everyone has their own recipe, all about trying things out :cool:

But then I put Articulate and Foam straight on the dry dirty car, that power wash gets 90% of the dirt off making the sponge work really easy.