a-kem automotive

Walder

RMS Regular
Got the intro box for christmas

Love it

Articulate, foam, wash, gleam

Looks fantastic in my opinion. Now to buy more.

Before

IMG_20181227_183229.jpg

After

IMG_20181228_002555.jpg

Walder

RMS Regular
I'm super impressed with it.

We went out with the wee man today and I nearly cried when I came back the rear was covered in muck.

By the time I got home and had a look it looked like the dirt was being kept off the paint.

So to test it poured a water can over it and 90% of the dirt just washed off.

Would you recommend hybrid over gleam to finish?

Also anything for cleaning leather seats?

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Looking online, can anyone tell me the the interior scents what signature smells like?

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Should you powerhouse the car before applying articulate or just put it straight on?

I’ve always hosed the car first but maybe I’m doing it wrong.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I've never hosed it first. Usually Articulate, go set up the hose and foam gun, foam on top of Articulate, go and make up 2 wash buckets then hose off.

Only time I'd see it beneficial to hose first is if there's massive clumps of dirty and/or mud.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Is Articulate really needed in a normal wash cycle? I did buy some but have only ever used it in summer on the front to get flies loosened a bit. Always apply to a dry car, let dwell for a short time and then apply foam over.

Generally however I just foam the car without articulate and it clears away nearly all the grime with a rinse. Then reapply foam and hand wash with Gleam.

Would be keen to know the science behind the Articulate stage as seems an extra coating that isn't really needed for me. And my cars are not well waxed and polished but I do regularly use Ultragloss and Hybrid.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Its a traffic film remover - traffic film is everything from unburnt fuel, soot from dpfs/mapped performance dervs to brake dust. Not necessesarily from your own vehicle but just in the air/kicked up.

I love it as a first stage when washing bikes, flies melt off..

Fordo90

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 230
Got round to washing our family workhorse. Used articulate before washing made 80% of the dirt wash off before touching it, then tarminator on the lower part of the car and purge on the wheels. I then ultrafoamed the car and went round all the rubbers, badges etc with a detailing brush. Washed down again then used gleam and dried off with the ultraplush. Finally a spray for ultra glaze and ultra slick on the tyres to finish.

Before
BFC69392-8787-44DE-B3EF-6A268DC758A1.jpeg
5A86C3FD-2AFE-4688-9012-E06CB82DFAD9.jpeg
EF2CC7C8-6283-4220-99E3-08BF1B26668D.jpeg

During
D04DF09A-2A00-458A-956B-B48404DD51D0.jpeg

Finished
2D0FAB43-BD67-44AA-A48E-CCD984E0B541.jpeg

Afternoon well spent!!

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
The signature scent is a 1:1 replica of chemical guys stripper scent if you know what it smells like

I have both and can testify to this. Took me a while to work it out when I first sprayed the 'signature scent' but yep it's very very very similar to stripper scent from Chemical Guys.

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Ordered Lazer via the web earlier - looking forward to testing it underneath the M3!!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Would be keen to know the science behind the Articulate stage as seems an extra coating that isn't really needed for me
The science bit is actually interesting for someone a bit geeky like me!

Basically articulate is a traffic film remover which was described perfectly by @Polobrat666

A sprayed product has more even coverage than snow foam for example (size of bubbles when thinking about scales) so a tfr which has been sprayed on (small bubbles) covers more of the area better (thus allowing dirt to be penetrated better to loosen it etc) than a foam (large bubbles)

Both are effective in dirt removal but the smaller bubbles sprayed product (articulate) has the potential to dry out more quickly (which we never want to happen)

This is why we tend to use both methods. Spray on the articulate and then hit it with a coat of UltraFoam to further loosen debris but also to extend dwell time without drying out.

As a final note, I always apply to a dry car (in that I haven’t pre rinsed it or washed it) - again - on a simple level the articulate is already diluted when you mix it so applying it to an already wet car is not only diluting it further but doesn’t give it the initial bond the sprayed on product achieves on the traffic films present.

/and breathe!

davyk31

RMS Regular
Had a Clearview afternoon. Started to clean the inside glass on my wife's GTi as it was in a bit of a state. The product is so easy to use and very quick, cleaning interior glass is the only one car cleaning job I really don't enjoy but Clearview makes it so much easier.

Then thought I would give the Macan a go with it as well so did all her glass and felt sorry for the wee Polo so also did it to get the hat trick!

All nice clean glass now!