a-kem automotive

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
They were probably knackered under the dirt :innocent:

The only thing better than Lazer for that kind of stuff is Lazer with hot water :cool:
I put the cassette in a small bucket with 2 caps of lazer and pour a boiling kettle in to just cover it. Brings it up like new. Then use the same bucket to clean down the rest of the drive train.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
i've been known to clean my wedding ring, watch as well as the wife's jewellery including engagement ring and earrings with lazer, boiling water and (more recently) the same combo in a small ultrasonic cleaner

i'll add some pics the next time i do it maybe but its epic
@gary1365 - the before and after of the cassette is unreal!!!!

i think its one of @Rocko's friends has used purge on his cassette too!

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I'll have to try my wedding ring tomorrow.

Lazer bring up cassettes and the rest of the drive train components better than any cycling specific cleaner I've ever tried. Wish I knew about it when I had the motorbikes.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I reckon Purge should be great for polishing metals like jewelry and cutlery, especially if they've oxidised. Not tried it yet though.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Order placed this morning there @Big Pimp , looking forward to trying antimoss on the drive here, also totally forgot about the rms discount!

Ross I sent a PM a few weeks back re a previous order too.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Car got a very quick clean yesterday. Decided use purge on the wheels as the pads n discs have just been bedded in.
Lots of purple lol!
85E98BA5-E7B2-4B2C-B27B-7E0066404C3D.jpeg

Then foamed over the top and thought @Big Pimp what about coloured snow foam lol ? Even little special edition runs like red for christmas, green for St Paddy’s and orange for July lol.... kidding about the colours etc but would be a fun change and would certainly entertain my neighbours more lol

30D4BEB6-46E1-456D-BBC6-72F936E9C4C6.jpeg

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Car got a very quick clean yesterday. Decided use purge on the wheels as the pads n discs have just been bedded in.
Lots of purple lol!
View attachment 268756
Then foamed over the top and thought @Big Pimp what about coloured snow foam lol ? Even little special edition runs like red for christmas, green for St Paddy’s and orange for July lol.... kidding about the colours etc but would be a fun change and would certainly entertain my neighbours more lol

View attachment 268757

Not going lie id get excited about coloured snowfoam

Walder

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp Ross has been a gent with my wheel issue from a few posts back. He sent me stone brite to see if it could do the job and tbh it has done a great job.

If I had a better brush to get into the joints where the deposits gathered it would have made it easier than giving up a toothbrush to the cause.

But since the last post the wheels had been hit with purge and taken a good off the general wheel wheel but very little off the build ups.

So made a mix today. Used a paint brush to apply then a wheel brush to agitate, when that stopped working a tooth brush and finally a hose down. Probably took about 30 minutes to do.

Before

IMG_20200315_151300.jpg

IMG_20200315_151323.jpg

During

IMG_20200315_152703.jpg

IMG_20200315_152706.jpg

After

IMG_20200315_160444.jpg

So I had some mix left and it does a great job at cleaning off dirt etc I just painted it on all the wheels and power hosed off never touch it with a brush or sponge.

IMG_20200315_160502.jpg

IMG_20200315_160705.jpg

Probably going to seal the wheels if anyone has any recommendations on wheel sealant

Also again a big thank you to Ross as nothing was fixing my problem but he has come up trumps.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
thats fantastic mate. Thank you for sharing your results

i've tried a few wheel sealants, and the one which seems to have held up the best of them all is ceramic coating them.

Other waxes etc. just don't last the same

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I've mine coated by Pete, some ceramic G-tecniq something or other. It's great.

They still get dirty obviously, but really easy to clean. Just Purge and a hose most of the time, though this time of year a brush helps.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
@Big Pimp long shot but have you any sanitizer? My mother is a domiciliary care worker and uses it regularly and needs it everyday without the virus, with the NHS stretched and everyone buying it out local I'm trying to source some for her.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
@Big Pimp long shot but have you any sanitizer? My mother is a domiciliary care worker and uses it regularly and needs it everyday without the virus, with the NHS stretched and everyone buying it out local I'm trying to source some for her.
Hand sanitizer he doesn’t have any left and can’t get any things are that bad. Has surface cleaner/sanitizer spray tho

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late

not a drop buddy.
We were expecting 3 pallets early next week, but we were informed yesterday from the manufacturer that it has been requisitioned by the government to cope with the demands of the health service

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
Where you based? Got some today in around a pound, few stores dotted around county down/armagh if its close to you

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
@Big Pimp Hey, I’ve just bought a K2 Control pressure washer. It comes with a foam nozzle. It looks like it screws straight into their foam bottle. If I wanted buy a bottle of your Ultra Foam instead, what empty bottle do I need to buy to attach it to the nozzle?

2D651E24-215D-4B67-835F-761746E437F2.png

Last edited:

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
@Chris tii I have some empty snow foam lance bottles you can have one as I’m sure they would fit.
However, in my experience the lance that comes with Karcher pressure washers isn’t great. I bought an ‘el cheapo’ lance from Clean Your Ride for about £16/£17 and its fantastic - might be worth considering 😁.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, the standard nozzle was a bit pants.

Head up to ProCar in Carryduff, he'll sort you out with something better, and any fittings, etc.