a-kem automotive

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
Have some tarminator in mallusk if you're close and need some
Gentleman, thanks for the offer!
Not in that desperate need for it though lol 👍🏼
Was just trying to order everything at once, hopefully give me the motivation for a full clean when it arrives 😬😂

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
Cleanse is 😍 made short work of over 2 months road grime. Went over a second pass with some agitation after the pics.

C6961C27-FBF7-41B1-9462-22F9A23364EB.jpeg

C349CC16-DE70-4985-8BFD-94A63927E19D.jpeg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Somebody mentioned a couple of pages ago about using Cleanse on rubber mats... Makes total sense given how it works on tyres but couldn't work that out myself 😅

It's awesome for that too! All that stubborn dirt ingrained in the rubber that's always left no matter what? Gone! Just magic :cool:

Quick wipe with trim and like brand new again.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Somebody mentioned a couple of pages ago about using Cleanse on rubber mats... Makes total sense given how it works on tyres but couldn't work that out myself 😅

It's awesome for that too! All that stubborn dirt ingrained in the rubber that's always left no matter what? Gone! Just magic :cool:

Quick wipe with trim and like brand new again.
Yea that was me. Just fired it on cause always had dirt in the wee hollows. All gone and the finish i didnt even need to add anything

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, could have just fired them straight back in, they were that clean :cool: And absolutely filthy to start...

Wee bit of trim just the icing on the cake.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Cheers for sorting me out on friday @Big Pimp , gd to actually buy from a real person that can sort any issues there and then instead of 20 emails back and forth, gent.

1st was today getting the bro’s rs ready for sale (going cheap if anyone is interested) and very impressed.

F0E5BBC3-E1A5-443C-A828-ED0969546FF0.jpeg

Ghost

RMS Regular
trigger spray heads are in major short supply at the minute!

when I'm sold out I don't honestly know when I'm getting other colours in!
Hello Ross.. no word on my delivery yet? The tracker app isn't showing anything either..

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Just a wee FYI @Big Pimp about your gift cards. The "print this gift card" link brings up a print preview, but the background obscures the code. We got round it by doing a screen grab and printing that instead but just thought I would mention it.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Hello Ross.. no word on my delivery yet? The tracker app isn't showing anything either..
Really sorry mate - i'll get on it with Express first thing in the morning.

You're not the only one this week having issues over deliveries, so I'll have it resolved ASAP

Just a wee FYI @Big Pimp about your gift cards. The "print this gift card" link brings up a print preview, but the background obscures the code. We got round it by doing a screen grab and printing that instead but just thought I would mention it.

Thats interesting to know - i'll find out what the story with them is.

I do know that when I issue a gift card, I see the code live on screen when I'm issuing it, but as soon as I leave the screen I can never see it again.

Martyn

RMS Regular
BE19365B-B0A3-455A-8DA8-5B3E1F8CA942.jpeg
Car washed using articulate as a pre soak... foamed using anachem foam gun and ultra foam... wheels cleaned with cleanse and rinsed with ultragloss... run up the road an dry with hybrid..

Ross you really have to sort the spray heads out... products are fantastic but the spray heads are fiddly.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Spent a whole day on the car and went to purge the paintwork.....ran out half way 🤦🏼‍♂️

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
To be honest don't know what the benefit would be of purge on the paintwork...? Tried it a couple of times after cleaning to see what the craic is and there has been nothing left for it to do. Expensive too to cover the whole car in it.

Spent three days straight going over the interior on the T-5R, lol. Solapower on carpets 🥰 Superb on alcantara as well, and all interior trim.

Used Trim-X on a few discreet bits of interior plastics just to see how they come out. Promising so far, look amazing and no slippery silicon residue. Will see how they hold up before using it in more prominent places.

Oh, and grape scent on this car, lovely 😎

Last edited:

Dan.86

RMS Regular
It’s a post winter, haven’t touched the car in months step for me but considering the half of the car that did get a spray of purge turned purple it was definitely effective. I did it after the articulate and foam step prior to washing.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
There will still be plenty of dirt left after just prewash and foam. After Gleam and a bucket there will be nothing left for it to do. But whatever works for you :cool:

Try Citraclean as a winter prewash. Especially when the car hasn't been washed in a while. As effective as Articulate+Lazer, but less aggressive, and almost as cheap.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
To be honest don't know what the benefit would be of purge on the paintwork...? Tried it a couple of times after cleaning to see what the craic is and there has been nothing left for it to do. Expensive too to cover the whole car in it.

I always use Purge after I've fully washed the car a first so it's only got engrained dirt/fallout to work on and I only use it maybe twice a year but the back and 'shoulders' of my E class coupe shows quite a bit of fallout when does get used. I get less reaction from my wheels believe it or not. There's very little of the front of the car but there is usually a wee bit. With the white paint I would occasionally see the fall out rusting too on the back of the car before a wee hit of purge.

Usually foam and power wash again the car after too just to be sure I've got it all off the car.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Ross you really have to sort the spray heads out... products are fantastic but the spray heads are fiddly.
problem i am having is that the 500ml bottles are a perfect size, but mine feature a 24mm neck.

If I can keep my bottles the same and move to a 28mm next it opens up so many more possibilities for different types of spray head.

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
@Big Pimp ...order arrived today, 1st of a few I'd imagine 😁👍 Some packing job! lol

Will see when I actually get to use it all, going to try tarminator on the white line paint and see how that goes. Big mercy won't know what's hit it.
Hybrid smells great I must say.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Another update on the "test bumper" in the back yard and Trim-X. It has been exposed to sun and the elements through winter, but obviously not to driving, and no washing in between either.

In the first picture, the left portion is untreated; the centre bit is Trim-X I applied about a week ago for reference; and the right portion is Trim-X about six months in now. The fresh bit is a bit darker and shiner but the old bit still has life in it depending on OCD level.

Also for reference the patch to the right in the second picture is C4 "permanent trim restorer". That was applied about a month after the Trim-X went on. They perform very similarly.

I had some "normal" silicon based restorers on as well, including "normal" Trim. But those were completely washed away inside two weeks, not a trace of any of them.

For me, "normal" Trim is still the best for rubber trim.

P1120887.JPG

P1120888.JPG

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Another update on the "test bumper" in the back yard and Trim-X. It has been exposed to sun and the elements through winter, but obviously not to driving, and no washing in between either.

In the first picture, the left portion is untreated; the centre bit is Trim-X I applied about a week ago for reference; and the right portion is Trim-X about six months in now. The fresh bit is a bit darker and shiner but the old bit still has life in it depending on OCD level.

Also for reference the patch to the right in the second picture is C4 "permanent trim restorer". That was applied about a month after the Trim-X went on. They perform very similarly.

I had some "normal" silicon based restorers on as well, including "normal" Trim. But those were completely washed away inside two weeks, not a trace of any of them.

For me, "normal" Trim is still the best for rubber trim.

View attachment 316015

View attachment 316016
looks well, what process did you use to apply the trim-x ? I have some here to use but not sure on the best method.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Wash with Citraclean if you have some. Lazer or Articulate should work too. Let it dry.

Then go over the area with Iso-propyl alcohol. Basically wipe over with a cloth or kitchen towel soaked in alcohol until the cloth/towel comes away clean.

Then just apply with a small cloth. It goes a very long way indeed, use a small cloth like a cut off corner of an old t-shirt. Or I use cosmetics applicator pads from the supermarket.

Then let it dry and cure over night at least, preferably for 12-24 hours.

Like all these things it works best if the trim to be restored is reasonably uniform in colour still. If it's very old and bleached out, or has scuff marks or similar, then it might not be 100% uniform at the end. But it will still be much better.

It won't be of any use on painted or lacquered trim. If you get the product on paint or glass then it will come off with IPA even after it has set.