a-kem automotive

Ciaran

RMS Regular
Drives
i3 REX
Gents, I need a new hose. My one is finally on the way out after 15 long years! Any recommndations - something around 30/40m.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Gents, I need a new hose. My one is finally on the way out after 15 long years! Any recommndations - something around 30/40m.
I got totally fed up with hoses kinking, so I bought one of those "magic" hoses off Amazon a few years ago.
I think its great, no need to roll it up, will never kink.
Just drain the remaining water out of it after you're done, and it shrinks up
I think the one I have is 100 foot when fully expanded

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Hi @Big Pimp

Ross, do you have any idea when the 1 litre anti moss will be available again? The 4 litre is a bit overkill for what I need.

Cheers

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
If I order the foam cannon with the Nilfisk/Kew/Alto connection does it also come with the 1/4" @Big Pimp ?
Yes mate. 1/4” comes with them all now mate!
Hi @Big Pimp

Ross, do you have any idea when the 1 litre anti moss will be available again? The 4 litre is a bit overkill for what I need.

Cheers
Later this week mate, although this isn’t the optimal time of the year to use anti moss

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Yes mate. 1/4” comes with them all now mate!

Later this week mate, although this isn’t the optimal time of the year to use anti moss

I thought that might be the case, but I really have an issue with it at one side of the house. So putting something down is worth a shot.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular

These are great:

I had a cheap one from Screwfix but the pressure washer kept collapsing it so needed something stronger. This has been well up to the task.

If you look you may find the 30m version and save a few quid too but this was the 1st one I found of the brand I have.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just a regular garden hose, I don't know if there are any brands better than others.
I use a hozelock garden hose on a reel on the wall, from b&q. Does all the garden and washing duty, including feeding the power washer. Just replace the couplings every now and then, they can go brittle over winter.

As others have mentioned there are fancier options depending on what you need, and other brands are available. That's just what works for me.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Hey @Big Pimp , just checking for invoice c20856234868898.1 if the clearview is available again? Looking to see what it's like on the house windows as well, how long would you expect a can to last as I wouldn't mind maybe getting some extra ones if available?

Also, I think my wee Karcher is starting to die - is the AVA the same fitment?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I use Clearview for everything, from glasses and mirrors and shower doors to house windows and the car. Same with Hydraclean, brilliant on glasses that get used a lot in the rain, like biking glasses or visors, etc.

Clearview lasts well and it's a bigg-ish can. If you plan on doing the whole house then get a couple of cans for spare. I keep a few in the cars as well, etc.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Hey @Big Pimp , just checking for invoice c20856234868898.1 if the clearview is available again? Looking to see what it's like on the house windows as well, how long would you expect a can to last as I wouldn't mind maybe getting some extra ones if available?

Also, I think my wee Karcher is starting to die - is the AVA the same fitment?
Hello mate.

Do you have a normal order number as they show up differently for me!

Clearview and all is back in stock. It’ll be brilliant on house windows too and lasts ages.

It’s also brilliant on stainless steel cooker hoods, fridge doors etc

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not to take away sales from Ross, lol, but just washed the car again with the wee Ava P40. Honestly, try one, and don't be fooled by the size or arbitrary marketing numbers. It's small and handy, easy to store and move about, yet it does everything the K40 at home does. The washing power is superb and the car was properly filthy this time.

Did the whole car on about 80l of water too, which is less than nothing. Not that this matters to anyone in NI :innocent:

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Hello mate.

Do you have a normal order number as they show up differently for me!

Clearview and all is back in stock. It’ll be brilliant on house windows too and lasts ages.

It’s also brilliant on stainless steel cooker hoods, fridge doors etc

Ah apologies, just looked at the Paypal email - #4936-AUTO

davyk31

RMS Regular
What’s the different uses for Solapower and Lazer. I have both and both seem to be all purpose cleaners but wondered what applications are each best for.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
What’s the different uses for Solapower and Lazer. I have both and both seem to be all purpose cleaners but wondered what applications are each best for.
Lazer for greasy surfaces, spray down pots and dirtier stuff solapower for upholstery worktops etc