a-kem automotive

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
Has anyone else noticed a fishy smell from the DI vessels? Is it the resin? Had it for less than a year or so. Thought it was the cabin filter so I replaced it but noticed it again on Saturday after getting into the car having cleaned it on Friday. Then today decided to wash the windows of the house with it and my parents remarked on the fishy smell from the water.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Should come with resin so just connect it up and it will fill itself and have 0ppm water out the other side

Buy a TDS tester, like £4 on ebay

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Checked it here. 30ppm so looks like it needs changed. Where do you get your refills?
@jferg should have stock around £110 per bag, but he's close to the docks in Belfast.

SureClean systems in Omagh was where I got my last pallet from, and he is around £100 per bag at the minute

a bag will Gove you 2 and a bit refills. keep it sealed so it doesn't go off

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Hey Ross, going to be sticking an order in soon for a bundle and considering picking up a P40 just for car washing with it. Is the foam cannon that comes with it dead on for UltraFoam or would I be better picking up something else?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Since buying a batch of stuff from @Big Pimp several months ago, I finally got to try out a product yesterday...

The product in question, Articulate!

Our neighbour spray painted their new fence green one day recently, and needless to say the wife's white car was far from it afterwards... A reasonably potent mix of Articulate was left on it to dwell, before a 100-degree power wash soon loosened the mess... A slightly more watered down mix was then applied and left to dwell, before washing with piping hot suds and a mitt, after which it got another boil rinse.

The result? Perfectly removed (water based) garden fence paint without any tarnishing to any of the plastic trims around the car or the paintwork, like would have happened with the harsh TFR I used for years previously.

Last edited:

bikeit

RMS Regular
@bikeit :

View attachment 358114

This is it in a nutshell.

I’ve said it so many times. A sprayed on product will always work better than a foamed on product. But a pre wash will always be better than a snow foam.

It all depends on what you want. Me - I’d rather offer a pure foam which allows the superior pre wash to safely do it’s work
Ross its too loose when its attached to a Hozelock fitting.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Ross its too loose when its attached to a Hozelock fitting.
Um, I don’t know what to say. Send the head back and I’ll exchange it for another one.

I bought 100 heads and of the 7 or 8 I’ve tried myself none have gave any issues mate, and apart from yours there are maybe 10 others out and about and no one else has said theirs hasn’t worked.

But like I say, send it back and I’ll send you a brand new one out, no charge at all dude

bikeit

RMS Regular
Um, I don’t know what to say. Send the head back and I’ll exchange it for another one.

I bought 100 heads and of the 7 or 8 I’ve tried myself none have gave any issues mate, and apart from yours there are maybe 10 others out and about and no one else has said theirs hasn’t worked.

But like I say, send it back and I’ll send you a brand new one out, no charge at all dude
Jesas Ross no it's OK, some day I'm passing Downpatrick I will call in and collect it. No panic, thanks

jferg

RMS Regular
Thanks Ross

I have BUCKET loads of resin in stock 👍
@jferg should have stock around £110 per bag, but he's close to the docks in Belfast.

SureClean systems in Omagh was where I got my last pallet from, and he is around £100 per bag at the minute

a bag will Gove you 2 and a bit refills. keep it sealed so it doesn't go off

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Can you use articulate on a mossy fabric shop awning or just best with an APC? Will be agitated and power hosed off

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Can you use articulate on a mossy fabric shop awning or just best with an APC? Will be agitated and power hosed off
They're all good general purpose cleaners. I use them everywhere. If Articulate doesn't do it then have a go with Lazer.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Quick question on Citraclean for reinvigorating a ceramic coating. Is it the top of the bottle which is 20 or 25ml into one of the spray bottles and top up with water? Spray over car, let dwell and then just power hose off again?

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Quick question on Citraclean for reinvigorating a ceramic coating. Is it the top of the bottle which is 20 or 25ml into one of the spray bottles and top up with water? Spray over car, let dwell and then just power hose off again?

That's exactly how I went about it (25mls into the 750mls sprayer), but I'm now using a pump sprayer for the handiness. I find it better to pour the water into the bottle first then add the chemicals, stops them 'foaming' at the top.