A Superb Skoda...

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
So after two years of BMW 530d ownership, the economy came under question with my man maths due to increased miles, and I've been looking at other options for several months now.

An Octavia Estate DSG seemed a good choice, but they lack quality. An i40 estate auto was another option, but they are mostly big miles or out of budget.

I then seen this, a 2011 Skoda Superb Elegance, 2.0-litre 140 CR, DSG. I always assume they were a saloon, but they are in fact that AND a hatchback.

Offering pretty much the same comfort and quality of my older 530, and with a great spec, I went to see @bob a few weeks ago and a deal was done.

I picked it up today after it got belted, serviced and a DSG service done, as well as my personal plate added. Loved the 90 minute drive down the road home.

Plans are to tint the back end ASAP and enjoy full on old man wafting.

IMG-20230925-WA0027.jpg
IMG-20230925-WA0032.jpg
IMG-20230925-WA0021.jpg
IMG-20230925-WA0023.jpg
IMG-20230925-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20230925-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20230925-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20230925-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20230925-WA0009.jpg

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Used to drive one of these alot and was a comfy bus. Loved the quirky dual boot opening HTD

Last edited:

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I bought my Octavia off Robert in February (blind) and couldn't recommend him enough. Sent me photos from every angle up close shots of any marks got the wheels referbed and personally delivered the car to my house whilst I was working abroad.

They've a superb estate in that I would love.

Brave choice with the interior there and young kids 😂

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Loverly! A guy blasts past me nearly everyday in a black one of these and it always looks really pimp on the move.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
These were a fantastic car… I had 170 elegance estate from 40k to 130/140k changed oil every ten k and it never gave a bit of bother over normal servicing 👏

Great spec and value for money

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
I bought my Octavia off Robert in February (blind) and couldn't recommend him enough. Sent me photos from every angle up close shots of any marks got the wheels referbed and personally delivered the car to my house whilst I was working abroad.

They've a superb estate in that I would love.

Brave choice with the interior there and young kids 😂
Likewise, I could very easily have not taken this for a test drive and bought it off his honest report and imagery.

But it's been that long since I'd driven a 6-speed DSG, I chose to get a drive first. Plus, I'd pushed the budget to get this, so needed to make sure it was for me.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Love a superb! Was seriously considering an estate but went with torque from the bigger diesel in the 5 in the end. Health to drive

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Had to look up the saloon/hatchback comment......TIL..... that's class 🤣

I am a fan of the superb, see a nice black sport line estate they have too

Health to waft and enjoy Graham

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Had to look up the saloon/hatchback comment......TIL..... that's class 🤣

I am a fan of the superb, see a nice black sport line estate they have too

Health to waft and enjoy Graham
The vodka must have been strong in the design room that week. It's unique.

That Sport Line is lovely.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Nice Graham, will check it out next time I see you!

Remap on the cards or no interest? I know from our Q5, the 140bhp was dead as heck.

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Fine big vessel there, looks in great shape! Love a light interior! Enjoy the waft!

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
I remember test driving exeos back in the day 140’s and 170’s and there was very little feeling difference between em… dealer had to check which was 140/170 lol

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Nice Graham, will check it out next time I see you!

Remap on the cards or no interest? I know from our Q5, the 140bhp was dead as heck.
She goes the best. The usual gubbins that cause issues are gone and software updated.
I remember test driving exeos back in the day 140’s and 170’s and there was very little feeling difference between em… dealer had to check which was 140/170 lol
Going from around 280 to 140 isn't as hard as I thought. The sportiness is gone along with the ability to pass anything at any speed. But it will wise me up and I'll take less risks in the road.

Mrt20

RMS Regular
Can't beat a superb. I see you have a heated windscreen as well. So many handy features on skoda compared to other brands with in the vag group. Umbrella in the door etc. I have a mk3 l and k estate myself.