A6 C7.5 S-Line Black Edition - Sprint Blue

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
Update.

So just under 3 months with this car. Still loving it as a daily driver, so comfy and has a great presence on the road! Had more compliments and comments on this than the R ever did lol.

Ended up having the Clutch & Flywheel replaced under warranty. Common issue on this gearbox is a sharp judder on the clutch when pulling off in 1st gear when the gearbox is warm. No issues at all with it being replaced, drives like new now so I am happy. Also gives me piece of mind going forward that it has been done!

Few small things changed recently.

First was the rear badges. With the car being a factory Black Edition, I bought genuine Audi Black Badge kit from the C8 facelift model. Maybe not to everyone's taste but personally I felt the chrome was out of place. (Ps '40 TDI' is Audi's new name for 2.0 TDI'.

IMG_9681.JPG

Next was a filter changed. Was due an Air Filter anyway, so it got a Pipercross. A lot has to be removed to change the filter in one of these things so I took the opportunity to give the entire engine bay a deep clean and tidy up.

IMG_9608.JPG

IMG_9761.JPG

IMG_9618.JPG

Interior time. One thing which I found odd with this car was the pedals not being Aluminium. All other S-Lines I have seen have had them. Turns out only the Autos got the Pedals and Deadpedals in Aluminium. All Manuals just had black rubber. Sourced a set and fitted. Really freshens the interior up. Serious b!tch to fit though.

Before...

IMG_0562.JPG

After...

IMG_0713.JPG

One thing which bugged me was the gloss black panel on the dash. Plastic is so soft and covered in scratches. Removed it and wrapped it in glossy carbon vinyl.

IMG_0734.JPG

Watching eBay to try and source a flat bottom wheel, but again, difficult to find a manual wheel with no paddles.

Other than that, it's been kept clean and driven.

BNKT1682.JPG

XBYZ1889.JPG

RETS1868.JPG

That's all for now!

Cheers

Last edited:

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Class car, not keen on the 40 tdi.
Was the dash trim hard to remove and wrap? Can you link me to the wrap?
The aluminium one on my A7 is scratched too.

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
Thanks for the comments folks.

@MarkP - dash just pops off, start from the thin end and it will release. I just wrapped it of a roll of vinyl.

Got the car back from PMG today. A colour like this deserves a coating to make it pop! Got gTechniq Crystal Serum Ultra with Aero Coating on top. @big_pete and the guys have done another epic job!! The blue genuinely looks like a different colour in the sunlight.

In true tradition of Pete coating my cars, the rain started just as I was collecting. Not complaining though...look at the beads.

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_09792.JPG

IMG_09882.JPG

IMG_1122.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

Last edited:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Thanks for the comments folks.

@MarkP - dash just pops off, start from the thin end and it will release. I just wrapped it of a roll of vinyl.

Got the car back from PMG today. A colour like this deserves a coating to make it pop! Got gTechniq Crystal Serum Ultra with Aero Coating on top. @big_pete and the guys have done another epic job!! The blue genuinely looks like a different colour in the sunlight.

In true tradition of Pete coating my cars, the rain started just as I was collecting. Not complaining though...look at the beads.

View attachment 324981

View attachment 324982

View attachment 324988

View attachment 324985

View attachment 324986

That colour is really something else. Definitely not the one I seen šŸ¤£