adjustable top mounts

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

p 5ary

RMS Regular
im thinking of a set of the kw variant suspension, can anyone explain to me what adjustable top mounts are? there like 290 quid and seems to be an extra?

i dont know whether to go for variant 1 2 or 3
variant 1 =sportive - harmonic with KW factory pre-set up dampening

variant 2 = sporty and personalized with adjustable rebound damping

variant3 = race technology for the road with adjustable compression and rebound damping

i dont think i would use the full potential with the likes of variant 3 so it may be a waste, i would probably be best to use kw's expertise and trust their setup on the likes of variant1.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
All the Seat boys rave about the Variant 2's!! If your doing alot of track and drift the Variant 3's are the tool.

Stick with Variant 2....and spend the spare cash on setting them up right!!

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Its a bit like having the best management system available. Its only as good as the person who maps it. Very few people have the geometry knowledge and equipment to set these fancy coilovers up properly. Find an expert before you buy the kit. Give Gault a shout, see what he thinks.

rsnutter

R
RMS_CLK said:
Its a bit like having the best management system available. Its only as good as the person who maps it. Very few people have the geometry knowledge and equipment to set these fancy coilovers up properly. Find an expert before you buy the kit. Give Gault a shout, see what he thinks.

Soo true.

There is not really any need for the varient 3's unless you want it setup very precisely for track use. Varient 2's will allow you to get the car sitting the way you want with the stiffness (ooooer!) you want.

p 5ary

RMS Regular
OP
p 5ary
rsnutter said:
Soo true.

There is not really any need for the varient 3's unless you want it setup very precisely for track use. Varient 2's will allow you to get the car sitting the way you want with the stiffness (ooooer!) you want.

yeah thats what i was thinking, thanks for the advice lads(y) (y)

S_Gault

RMS Regular
the mount will allow adjustment of camber , castor and KPI.

double adj dampers are for racers only and you'll need a good engineer to set them up as you can tie the car in knots unless you follow a very strict precise test regime with them.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
rsnutter said:
Soo true.

so basically what i said then :p

rsnutter

R
Lol sorry didn't see your post! Ahh well we both agree anyway so no harm done.

rsnutter

R
Group hug!!!!
fcc684f5.gif
fcc684f5.gif
fcc684f5.gif
fcc684f5.gif
fcc684f5.gif

Oh think i saw you in Bangor tonight mr CLK? Car was looking well!

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Cheers mate, was having a bit of fun on the shiney roads. Fierce amount of cops around though.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.