Advice needed for a friend???

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
Right my friend is researching into bits and peices for his clio mk1 pahse 2.
Tis a 1.2 8v Base.
Willams engine on the way.
Now he has narrowed it down to this kit Pic below.
But was wanting to see what wheels wld go with it.
He quite likes the compomotive ones pic below can these be got in renault fit 4x100 in 15s and lowered ta feck lol
what about some deep dish ones
the car is a blue one too.
with a light smoke tint soon
cheers in advance
connor

Ruth

RMS Regular
Its not often ill say this, but i think 15s will look stupid with that kit!

How about forget the kit and just slam it on 15s?

Con

RMS Regular
OP
Con
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
he's wanting a show car so i think somethin radical is the order of the day
prob just get some deep dish 16s

Ruth

RMS Regular
Well if he wants a "show car" the performance side might have to give a little. If he's getting a williams engine I'd say he wont have to worry too much.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
a williams engine on 18's or summat will deffo have enuff go to impress

enda day when its sittin at a show its not racin anythin....b very impressive to look at it thinkin it was a tasty lookin 1.2 to find out it actually packs a punch to match the looks!! i say go big!!

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
Drives
205GTI GolfR
Sell the 1.2 Clio and buy a Williams Clio. You'll need new brakes, suspension, exhaust, hubs, driveshafts, gearbox and possibly a new subframe.

I don't know the Clio very well but I have an Mi16 engine in my 205 and can't imagine the work involved in dropping that engine into a 1.2 GL and making the car safe.

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
205Mi16 said:
Sell the 1.2 Clio and buy a Williams Clio. You'll need new brakes, suspension, exhaust, hubs, driveshafts, gearbox and possibly a new subframe.

I don't know the Clio very well but I have an Mi16 engine in my 205 and can't imagine the work involved in dropping that engine into a 1.2 GL and making the car safe.

You'll defnitely need a new subframe plus the clio 16v and Williams have cross members under the engine for strengthening that cant exactly be just ripped out and swopped over.

An easier swop will probably be the GT Turbo engine which isnt the hardest conversion to do and engines are cheap.

Steveo@modifiedni

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3/Triumph
Con said:
the thing is dude the ones on that clio look huge and wld have to compensate performance

Con said:
he's wanting a show car so i think somethin radical is the order of the day
prob just get some deep dish 16s

Surely if u want a show car you/he wouldnt car if it had "no go". As mook said - GO BIG! :laughing:

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I hope the comps r wide boy wheels otherwise gonna look a bit daft...

ibitza

RMS Regular
Drives
seat ibiza
does anybody know what the wheels are that are on the blue clio in the picture ???

casper-ac

RMS Regular
defitinetly need wide wide whees to fill out that kit. i dont think 15s will fill it out enough leaving gaps around the rear!

Con

RMS Regular
OP
Con
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
now the more you's mention it the bigger wheels wld look better but deep dish split rims are the way to go i think lol
ne on e have an iidea what that kit is.

Con

RMS Regular
OP
Con
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
it looks the prima racing altho it has been smoothed i think altho i cld be wrong. 306 side skirts aswell

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
if ur wanting that kit def go for the big deep dishes

R5 GT Turbo engine sounds alot better than the williams one :laughing:

wuuuummmp pitisssssssssssh ;)

Twain

RMS Regular
i must admit i like the wide arch clio kit in them pics, them wheels look well on it with the huge dish, anything else will need some spacers to fill them out flush with the arch lip.

sounds like some work to do to get the desired engine all running 100%, good luck to him.

has he any colours he wants to spray this car? the blue suits it well imo.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.