Aghadowey SWRC track day 2!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Forest

RMS Regular
Drives
Import scooby wr
Well what did everyone think? i only appeared for the drag racing. Was a brilliant days crack and well organised! does anyone know who owned the **** fast cossie eating mini!!!

chopaholic

RMS Regular
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
lol ure right forest good day , that ax must of liked ure rear bumper , yup agree wit ya well organised, that mini was great a 1.6 16v vtec in a mini MAD

Forest

RMS Regular
OP
Forest
Drives
Import scooby wr
it was the only car that liked my rear bumper lol my car liked the rest of theirs lol

Forest

RMS Regular
OP
Forest
Drives
Import scooby wr
thats good cause you made a wee boy in a green colt quite embarressed the last time, so any chance of you flogging this golf yet?

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
I'll hang on to it for a while until I save a few quid for something else. Or else I'm gonna keep it and modify it a bit (thinking of a VR6 engine) If I do go to sell it, I'll give you first refusal.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
A great days craic indeed. My first time around the track and much sidewards fun was had. Good to see fast_cav, alan, robert and campbell all out on the track. Photos coming shortly!

Andy

fitz

RMS Regular
yes good days crack. weather put people off i am sure but still a good wee turn out. mini was **** fast. missed who won the final races as the rain was comin on strong. who finished where?

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Alan beat everything in the end in the Capri. I think being sideways down 3/4 of the drag strip wouldn't have helped his times though!

Regarding the track day, I've one major concern. When I was out with Robert in the Carlton we were nearly wrote off by two scrappy sierras who passed us coming up to a corner, on either side of us. That shouldn't be happening, and if it was a kirkistown track day those two drivers would be told to leave for that behaviour. Also some people wouldnt pass us when we indicated/slowed/pulled to the side to let them. The cars should be well spaced apart so that no-one gets hurt nor the cars damaged if the race cars are going to go out with the road cars.

Thats my only criticism, the event really is fantastic (the venue is ball freezing!)

Andy

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Aye the Capri has bother getting the power down (little wonder really with that power). An awesome machine.

Cooper said:
Alan beat everything in the end in the Capri. I think being sideways down 3/4 of the drag strip wouldn't have helped his times though!

Regarding the track day, I've one major concern. When I was out with Robert in the Carlton we were nearly wrote off by two scrappy sierras who passed us coming up to a corner, on either side of us. That shouldn't be happening, and if it was a kirkistown track day those two drivers would be told to leave for that behaviour. Also some people wouldnt pass us when we indicated/slowed/pulled to the side to let them. The cars should be well spaced apart so that no-one gets hurt nor the cars damaged if the race cars are going to go out with the road cars.

Thats my only criticism, the event really is fantastic (the venue is ball freezing!)

Andy
I had concerns about a few cars that were getting a bit to close for comfort. While we do not want to spoil anyones fun it MUST be remembered that there are some very good road cars taking part and their drivers need to drive them home. I will be talking to Wayne about this. There is 3 possible solutions
1. No overtaking allowed
2. Keep the race cars seperate from track cars
3. Restrict the number of cars on the track at any one time.

I would appreciate any comments/views on this subject.
While trying to open our events to a wider group so that more people can participate and enjoy it without feedback we will not be as aware of problems until it is too late

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
i really must get up to a few of these fpor the craic and to see what pix i can manage

has McB bought the cossie capri ?

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
IMO the race cars must be kept seperate from the track cars. its only fair. They get to race during the afternoon so surely they can bide their time.

Andy

Robert

RMS Trader
Great days craic, but yes there were a few worrying incidents,

will be there again at the next one all the same, great track and well organised!

sidewaysbuff

RMS Regular
Drives
R32 GTR
all these dates seem to fall when im workin balls to that i will get there sometime even to test the new track car and maybe even a bit od drag racing as well

fitz

RMS Regular
was there but missed the track day, friends that where there earlier got great footage on digi camera, missed the white manta, looked sweet, love those cars. Was surprised not to see marve in the capri, does any1 know what he is in now? another evo perhaps?

D4LY

RMS Regular
Drives
HOME ON A BOAT
Was to busy on saturday to get up there but maybe next time.. maybe a fiesta class will be put together if we all head up when the weather improves 8)

sidewaysbuff

RMS Regular
Drives
R32 GTR
Yes we all want to see the GTR up against the Capri!

better get it over to mount tune then maybe even run it in 2wd to give it a chance :lol:

sideways_racing said:
:laughing: Was talking to Wayne and there is a good probability of holding a track day at Aghadowey before the first meeting of the new series. If it is confirmed will post details on the web sites
Sat 12 Mar has been penciled in and we are waiting confirmation. It will be a trackday with a drag strip at the end. While we will not be holding a race program on the day, race cars will be welcome for the track event and they will be kept seperate from the road cars :laughing:

S_Gault

RMS Regular
only seeing this now- that vtec mini was the one i just sorted out for Jason.

Actually i took 3 laps in it myself before the start of races.

Steven

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.