air con problem

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
hi - hope someone here can help me....

the problem is that the CLIMATRONIC in my Golf hasn't been working for a while so:
spacer.gif

i left the car to VW yesterday about the AC problem, and they came back to me a few hours later saying that there was no gas in the system, and they traced it to the fact that they assume i threw a stone up from the road and it punctured the condenser(?) and i need the following:
1 x Drier (part no 1J0820191D) @ £76.99

3 x Seals (part no 8E0260749 (was 8A0260749AJ)) @ £0.42 each

1 x Condenser (part no 1J0820413N) @ £306.60

1 x 345mm Fan (part no 6X0959455A) @ £121.27

ontop of this, its gonna cost me another 400 odd quid to get it fitted - the total bill quoted is £976! and i dont know if this is the final price either!!!

my questions are: do i really need all of the above, and also, if i can find a written off golf, can i get these parts handy enough without damaging them? if i find the hole where the stone pierced, could i merely weld it up, or patch it or something?

any help or advice anyone can give me would be really appreciated!

thanks

Ross

pablo

RMS Moderator
sounds like a job for the scrappy mate.

then either have a bash at fitting yourself and getting it gassed (£60ish) or taking it to an aircon guy to fit and gas.

Ive a few numbers of aircon dudes if you want them.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
yeah, pass them on def please pabs - need to speak to a few guys on this - and thanks airforce, will give your man john a call!

gixerboy

RMS Regular
Drives
2.4JTD, Mille R
The condensor (aircon radiator) is the most likely cause this attached to the front panel by four 30torx and the aircon pipes have an 8mm allan head each so easy changed..

VW getting the arm in as usual.....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.