Aircon Group Buy - Updated 7th June

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ma55ey

RMS Regular
Swain auto electrics has jst had his air con machine serviced and will re gas ur cars wer ever u want for £50 per car and as marc says,he has been at it for years and knows wot he's at!! Give him a ring on 07729224364 or pm swain auto electrics

i will do the cars for £50 each and thats changing the oils in your compressors cleaning the pipes and putin in the exact amount of grams of gas !!!! could do them for 45 but wouldnt be happy not changing the oils !!! would strongly advise it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
why would you advise it, as not every car runs oil in the air con system for one, the most oil you should put in is 10g, which is minimal compared to the 400+g of gas in the system, and for that, the gas is actually the lubricant on most cars systems anyhow, as the oil is only poured into the pumps where they are made, so as not for them to cease up, or maintain moisture on transit to the car company! where they then just get fitted and gassed as opposed to properly drained, and regassed by the dealer

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
i love the way people dont mind taking your money to do the job, and tell you how important this is and that is for a few extra quid, when
a they know how the basics of the machine and all work, but just dont know how the systems that they are working on work,
and b, fill you full of crap just to rob you that bit more!!!

thats funny my autodata chart tells me to put oil in every system !!!!!!!! because my machine takes it out!!!!!!!!! would the autodata charts be wrong i dont think so !!!!and i have never had a car with less than 650g of gas in it !!!

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
The big hairy beemer needs 1.16kg apparently :p

I think we're guna go with the original plan swain, but cheers for your offer dude :grinning:

Hopefully this sorts out the M3... tbh the actual climate control blowers aren't too hot either, couldn't blow your %^&"! Got a new microfilter to try, hopefully with that and an aircon regas she'll be in tip top condition. The car came from south of England so it's probably had the aircon/climate used quite a bit.

as long as your getting it gassed with a proper machine exact amount of gas and oils is vital and there is a few different types of oils for different compressors !!!!! pag oils !!!!!!!
good luck getting them sorted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
scrob said:
Good thinkin batman. Will fire the link up on a couple now :grinning:

no problem robin,

and yeah the very start of june suits me grand. exams will just be over so i wont have to worry about them, just the summer ahead :cool:

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
OK guys good interest so far :laughing:

I'd rather get the show on the road as soon as possible for this to get maximum benefit out of it over the summer months, and since we have the numbers needed already we may as well get on with things!

How would Saturday 3rd of June suit most people? Will have to ring SA to confirm obviously, but no point in ringing them until I see when everyone is available! Weekdays are out for me as I work, unless they can do late evenings. So I would imagine a Saturday would be the best compromise? :grinning:

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
I'm free all day, preferably morning. What about you guys?

Marc

RMS Moderator
scrob said:
I'm free all day, preferably morning. What about you guys?

scrob.. it can take about 1 hour for the machine to suck all the old gas out.. create the vacuum.. and refill it.. so i dont know how many you could get done in one day :grinning:

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Marc said:
scrob.. it can take about 1 hour for the machine to suck all the old gas out.. create the vacuum.. and refill it.. so i dont know how many you could get done in one day :grinning:

Hmm going on bibby's description I kinda assumed it was a fairly short process.

all you need to do is about 1 min of sietting up consisting of hitting buttons to set amounts of oil to go in, and gas to go in, and hit start, it's fully automatic and then does the rest for you

I'll give the lads a ring and see how much time we would need and stuff. But just need to make sure people would be available on 3rd June, and if they could state whether they are more available morning or afternoon...(y)

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
i was able to do 2 cars in an hour, takes 5 to 10 mins for the automatic machines to suck the gas out, then all you need and is reccomended is at least a 15 min vacume, which will check for leaks, and only takes the machine a matter of seconds, less than a min to refil the system, it wont refil the system if it finds a leak on vacume!

Marc

RMS Moderator
Michael ( Swain auto electrics) filled my last car.. think it was about 45 mins - an hour.. and he spent about 15 mins trying to get the pipes connected to my car when it was warm.. the aircon pipe was not too far from the SS manifold, haha

but yes Bibby is correct, the vacuum is the bit that takes the longest.. but his machine decided how long it needed connected for, it just beeped when needed his attention to press buttons.

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
the more modern machines again, you type in the times and amounts, walk away and come back to it 25 mins after you left it and it will just be started the fill up, only takes a few mins to connect the pipes

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Good stuff :grinning: Means we can stagger the times to suit people then. I fancy early morning myself as I'll be heading down to Derry afterwards for the weekend.

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
miniator said:
afternoon would suit me, i work til 2pm. where is the place that is regassing it!?

im coming from cookstown btw

its in carrickfergus mate.

Was talking to john there and he rekons betwwen 45mins to an hour to ensure it gets a good vacuum test and not a quick one.

He says that if everyone cant come on the same day or if we go over 10 cars as long as he has the names and reg numbers he will stand by the group buy price for the following week as they call in to get them done:cool:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.